• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Souvenirs from 1983...

52 posts in this topic

Good memory, Sandy Collier it is...

BTW, if you Google Sandy Collier in TN you get a hit in Murfreesboro, TN... about 150 miles from Knoxville. hm

Many thanks Stronguy !!! (worship)

Good to see that despite my daily loss of neurons, my memory is almost undamaged :banana:

Rich_Henn's post in his ROM #1 thread (about published letters) remind me of a nice experience i had back in 1983.

At the end of that year, i was able to purchase a copy of incredible hulk #289 in my local news store.

Believe me, it was something really incredible at this time: First because you had to FOUND US comics, second because you had to pay for them (the 60c comics were sold about $2 in France !).

I wonder how cheap you could get comics now in France as 1.00 US Dollar = 0.68 EUROS.

my my how our mighty American dollars has fallen,

hm

hate%20to%20french.jpg

:mad:

Great stories guys (thumbs u

maybe funny 3 years ago but not now as they have better health insurance then us

france free health insurance for everyone

and were smart enough not to get in the Iraq war.

How many cars are burned each night in France? Yes, they are bloody brilliant.

It's a ploy by the government to let them be burned so as to help the French automanufacturers. Brilliant, really! :acclaim:

I wonder how cheap you could get comics now in France as 1.00 US Dollar = 0.68 EUROS.

my my how our mighty American dollars has fallen,

Well, honestly most of the comics shops in France sell books with a $ at parity with Euro. But i don't care, i don't buy modern comics any more.

On the contrary, to buy silver age comics from fellow board members is a real pleasure :banana:

maybe funny 3 years ago but not now as they have better health insurance then us

I just watched the movie...

What can i say: doh!

The part with the free nanny sent by the government was hilarious.

I shall have dreamed to have one !

And the middle class family which complained that fish and vegetables were not cheap lol

OMG, i can certify that life is not so easy in France...

And the middle class family which complained that fish and vegetables were not cheap lol

It is over here (shrug)

My daughter was sick today so at 9 AM my wife called the doctor who came round about an hour later, examined her and wrote out a prescription.

Price for the house call was a little over $10.00 and the medicine came to about $4.00...

It is over here (shrug)

My daughter was sick today so at 9 AM my wife called the doctor who came round about an hour later, examined her and wrote out a prescription.

Price for the house call was a little over $10.00 and the medicine came to about $4.00...

That's it...I'm moving to Belgium.

Not sure about the mandatory garb though. That could be a drawback....

gilles.jpg

It is over here (shrug)

That's it...I'm moving to Belgium.

Not sure about the mandatory garb though. That could be a drawback....

gilles.jpg

Good thing you don't know what we're hiding in the feathers or you wouldn't even cross the channel :eek:

Good thing you don't know what we're hiding in the feathers or you wouldn't even cross the channel :eek:

In your case, probably a box of CCEs to keep you going on your trip to the pharmacy. :baiting:

"trip" ? You don't have the pharmacy vans that deliver the meds when you call ? (" under 30 minutes or it's free.") :shy: