• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2K7 Convention Books

6 posts in this topic

Well, this is kind of a vanity thread, so excuse that. But I got alot of nice books this year and got alot of help getting them. So I thought I'd post the books and also a thanks to those that contributed.

First, although I posted in the Kudos forum (sadly the Marketplace one as I didn't notice the one here..) mega thanks to AlexH for getting these books done for me. They were signed at FanExpo Canada and I know for a fact it was not easy to get all these books done.

Amazing Spider-Man #41 (First Rhino) Signed by John Romita

I bought this from a boardie, but can't recall who! (Sorry) I did buy it as a qualified 5.0 and I thought it deserved that, but due to the coupon cut-out, the book got dinged as a 1.5 "Incomplete." It's still a beautiful book and the cut-out didn't affect story or art. (And is really tiny to boot. Grrrr.)

asm41.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #42 (First Mary Jane) Signed by John Romita

The photo doesn't do the silver signature justice. Solid 4.5 purchased at Paradise Comics.

asm42.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #46 (First Shocker) Signed by John Romita

The third in my trifecta of Romita Spideys that AlexH helped me get done. It's a 3.0 (couple of cover rips) but came back with WHITE pages. Sweetness.

asm46.jpg

Fathom #12 (Holochrome Edition)

Surprisingly my first Turner book. AlexH again helped me get it signed by Michael Turner and Peter Steigerwald. I really thought this book was a 9.8, but it came back a 9.6. The sigs are well placed next to the ones printed on the cover.

fathom12.jpg

Fallen Son #3 (Sketch Variant) Sketched/Sig by Craig Young and Signed by JRJR

9.8 and even though Romita Jr couldn't sketch them, Alex did grab his sig on it. I thought Young did a great sketch too.

fallenson03.jpg

After the Cape I #1

Signed by Howard Wong

Thanks both to Peter Dixon and Kevin Boyd for this one. Signed at Paradise Fan Appreciation Day.

atc01.jpg

The Books I Don't Have in My Posession Yet:

X-Men #58 (First Havok)

Thanks Pirate!

Thanks Paradise Comics!

CGC 6.5

Signed by Neal Adams

The reason I don't have this book in my posession yet is that it's one of the few books Stan Lee missed when he did the signing for Paradise. So they're holding the book until such time the signature request is complete. But the book is already slabbed with Adam's signature and did get a 6.5.

After the Cape II #1

Thanks Paradise Comics!

CGC ?

Signed by Howard Wong

This one just got done and will be my last book of the year. I won't get it back until next year, though, obviously.

Thanks for letting me show-off my books. I was proud of them and couldn't have gotten them done without a TON of help from boardies.

btw, your spidey's are really great.

and the other books you did are pretty cool as well.

Yeah I'm thrilled with them. I'd stopped collecting Spideys but I think I may be re-charged to make another run at it.

I'm really looking forward to seeing your Caps as well. Hopefully you get them back soon and can post them.