• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Pressing restoration?

Is Pressing Restoration?  

261 members have voted

1. 1. Is Pressing Restoration?

49 posts in this topic

This one's close.

Yeah, funny how that second number went up in leaps and bounds compared to the first. Must have been some rather large group chime in with the same mindset in a rather short period of time. hm

The heavily invested? It's interesting how a lot of the rules in this hobby are formed by greed, rather than truth.

You two are a real piece of work. When the results aren't what you expect, you begin to fabricate wild ideas as to why that is the case. It can't possibly be that the average collector believes that pressing isn't restoration. doh!

If you take out the 11 people who like crack, the poll is nearly 50/50. How does this support your assertion that the average collector believes pressing isn't restoration?

It was my intent for my comment to be confined to the participants of the poll, meaning board members. Who, in my opinion, are more educated than the average collector outside these boards. I did not make that clear.

I'm still confused? No matter how you slice it, we're still looking at a nearly 50/50 split. So, what it shows me, is that collectors (along with any dealers, collector/dealors, and others who work within the comic book industry on some level that voted) who are educated do seem to think it is restoration at around a 50% level.

That's a far cry from what your assertion was.

This one's close.

Yeah, funny how that second number went up in leaps and bounds compared to the first. Must have been some rather large group chime in with the same mindset in a rather short period of time. hm

The heavily invested? It's interesting how a lot of the rules in this hobby are formed by greed, rather than truth.

You two are a real piece of work. When the results aren't what you expect, you begin to fabricate wild ideas as to why that is the case. It can't possibly be that the average collector believes that pressing isn't restoration. doh!

If you take out the 11 people who like crack, the poll is nearly 50/50. How does this support your assertion that the average collector believes pressing isn't restoration?

It was my intent for my comment to be confined to the participants of the poll, meaning board members. Who, in my opinion, are more educated than the average collector outside these boards. I did not make that clear.

I'm still confused? No matter how you slice it, we're still looking at a nearly 50/50 split. So, what it shows me, is that collectors (along with any dealers, collector/dealors, and others who work within the comic book industry on some level that voted) who are educated do seem to think it is restoration at around a 50% level.

If both of you guys argue about this in Chicago, I am going to shove a slab up your azzes

This one's close.

If both of you guys argue about this in Chicago, I am going to shove a slab up your azzes

(worship)

This one's close.

Let me make things a little more lucid.

As far as the poll is concerned, from what I can tell, 75 people chose either yes or no. Of that total, 52% believe that pressing is not restoration and 48% believe that pressing is restoration. That is not a far cry from my assertion that the majority of the voters, who chose yes or no, do not believe that pressing is restoration.

With that being said, I do not believe that pressing is restoration. Furthermore, I do not have to explain why I believe that pressing is not restoration. I do not have to define pressing. I do not have to define restoration. I do not need for you to believe that pressing is not restoration. I do not need to convince anyone else that pressing is not restoration. If someone feels the need to save the collecting world from this perceived evil that is pressing, then onward Christian soldiers.

This one's close.

Let me make things a little more lucid.

As far as the poll is concerned, from what I can tell, 75 people chose either yes or no. Of that total, 52% believe that pressing is not restoration and 48% believe that pressing is restoration. That is not a far cry from my assertion that the majority of the voters, who chose yes or no, do not believe that pressing is restoration.

Yeah, I'd say that a pretty far cry from what you said earlier:

It can't possibly be that the average collector believes that pressing isn't restoration.

So, that's what you garner from those three extra votes? I guess you just throw out that other tiny minority of 48% .

With that being said, I do not believe that pressing is restoration. Ya, I think we all kind of got that part. Furthermore, I do not have to explain why I believe that pressing is not restoration. I do not have to define pressing. I do not have to define restoration. I do not need for you to believe that pressing is not restoration. I do not need to convince anyone else that pressing is not restoration. If someone feels the need to save the collecting world from this perceived evil that is pressing, then onward Christian soldiers.

Yep, you don't have to explain anything. Of course, you also don't have to expect that to give you much of a leg to stand on in supporting your position either.

I still find it funny that these extreme hyperbole statements seem to keep spewing out from some of you guys. lol

First we had "Scarlet letter", now we get "percieved evil". lol

Best yet, those who view pressing as restoration are now "Christian soldiers". (worship)lol

This is great stuff you guys come up with. Can't wait to see how you can top this one. :popcorn: