• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help with a Submission Question

18 posts in this topic

Let's assume that some hapless Collector's Society Member, we'll call him Stan, sent in three books with his Certifcate for grading. Let's also say that the two Silver Age books, B&B 35 and ST 101 show clearly when looked at online that they will be "Universal" Blue labels. There is nothing indicating that the Batman #49 will be Universal; in fact it is just a blank spot where the Universal would be. Should I, I mean Stan, be panicked about this being an indication that there was resto on the book? What do you guys think? Does anyone have any insight?

--S.

Let's assume that some hapless Collector's Society Member, we'll call him Stan, sent in three books with his Certifcate for grading. Let's also say that the two Silver Age books, B&B 35 and ST 101 show clearly when looked at online that they will be "Universal" Blue labels. There is nothing indicating that the Batman #49 will be Universal; in fact it is just a blank spot where the Universal would be. Should I, I mean Stan, be panicked about this being an indication that there was resto on the book? What do you guys think? Does anyone have any insight?

--S.

laughing.gif

All you....oops...I mean "Stan" has to do is call the Registry and find out...

Maybe Stan should call CGC and ask them. hm

I don't want to bug them yet. They've only had the books for a couple weeks. I don't want to be "that guy." I want you guys to soothe me with some rational reason.

I don't want to bug them yet. They've only had the books for a couple weeks. I don't want to be "that guy." I want you guys to soothe me with some rational reason.

Okay, it's restored or has somehow been destroyed. :foryou:

People don't realize this but, every time you pick up the phone and bug them, your book goes down a grade :sumo:

:kidaround:

People don't realize this but, every time you pick up the phone and bug them, your book goes down a grade :sumo:

:kidaround:

I did call them once, maybe that is how I got 1 9.6 and 26 9.8s. hm

Okay, it's restored or has somehow been destroyed. :foryou:

meh

--S.

Not cause for panic. I left some books with them at WW Dallas, and checked online a few weeks later. Four of the 6 were listed as Universal, and the other 2 had no designation. My reaction was like yours. "Awww , I got burned." A couple of days later, the Universal designation was on the other 2, also.

Hopefully, your experience will be the same.

--S.

Not cause for panic. I left some books with them at WW Dallas, and checked online a few weeks later. Four of the 6 were listed as Universal, and the other 2 had no designation. My reaction was like yours. "Awww , I got burned." A couple of days later, the Universal designation was on the other 2, also.

That's what I'm talking about! In your face, Watson. Thanks, WP!

seriously. it's not like you're paying their salaries or anything :whistle:

--S.

<3

--S.

<3

:hi: