• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do You Feel The Church Books Being Stored in Stacks

597 posts in this topic

you just can’t help but read this train wreck of a thread.

however i cannot tell what the argument is about. is it:

a. pressing is or is not restoration?

b. restoration or not should it be disclosed?

I think for Brad it's about disclosure(check it out, I'm speaking for Brad!), and for Bill it's about both.

I think for Brad it's about disclosure(check it out, I'm speaking for Brad!), and for Bill it's about both.

Correct. :hi:

Holy krap, the trooper has a headache. Has someone spiked my skoal with LSD, or is this argument as retarded as it seems to be?

What's interesting is that we've had the discussion about "what else NOD could be doing" before, with members like Bill and Brent who accepted the constructive criticism and suggestions for exactly that, constructive discourse.

For Brad, there always has to be an agenda. It has to be because I left NOD, or because Dr. Red Hook thinks I'm passive/aggressive.

Holy krap, the trooper has a headache. Has someone spiked my skoal with LSD, or is this argument as retarded as it seems to be?

What's interesting is that we've had the discussion about "what else NOD could be doing" before, with members like Bill and Brent who accepted the constructive criticism and suggestions for exactly that, constructive discourse.

For Brad, there always has to be an agenda. It has to be because I left NOD, or because Dr. Red Hook thinks I'm passive/aggressive.

Or both. :baiting:

It's the same retardedness. But you'll need it dumbed down if you keep dipping and lose a jaw. You don't want a long discussion when that happens. Short words that don't need up and down jaw movement will be best. :baiting:

---Former smokers are the biggest PITA to others about quitting.

doh!

It's the same retardedness. But you'll need it dumbed down if you keep dipping and lose a jaw. You don't want a long discussion when that happens. Short words that don't need up and down jaw movement will be best. :baiting:

---Former smokers are the biggest PITA to others about quitting.

I always plan ahead, learning sign language and morse code.

doh!

;)

We are all potential members. Sorry that you haven't been able to convince us.

I wasn't trying to convince you.

You're actually going to hold your potential joining of the organization as some kind of leveraging tool?

You're going to punish the organization by not joining?

You guys have taken a very simple concept and whined, and moaned and bashed it for months and months and months and now you're going to deny us your love? Now you're not going to come across and join?

:roflmao:

Please....mods....lock this thread right here! It's the perfect ending!

:roflmao: Oh, man,...... I can't breathe! :roflmao:

Brad,

Here's the deal, as honestly as I can put it.

I am Richard Evans - comic collector.

I am also Richard Evans - owner of Bedrock City Comic Co.

The collector would join in a heartbeat. I will join today.

BUT, the store owner, who has been in business a long time, cannot see what NOD has to offer. One of the questions I asked at the San Diego panel was "why should an established dealer join NOD? What does NOD have to offer?" The answer basically was "if a dealer doesn't disclose, then eventually NOD will have enough converts to make that dealer an outcast in the hobby." So Bedrock City discloses. So again I ask, "What does NOD have to offer?"

Now, unlike NOD members, whose words shouldn't be taken as representing NOD, if Richard the collector joined NOD now, and decided to speak out against something he didn't agree with, then everyone would assume that Bedrock City was anti-NOD. Kinda like they do already.

If you want me to join I will. But you already have a problem with the things I say.

Can you imagine if a member were to say the same things?

I am Richard Evans - comic collector.

I am also Richard Evans - owner of Bedrock City Comic Co.

My apologies for side tracking here, but I just got to know.

Are you related to Dale Evans? (big fan) ;)

Is anybody talking about not disclosing? I'm confused at this point.

That's a pretty meaty post for you....in a pressing thread. :baiting:

Is anybody talking about not disclosing? I'm confused at this point. What's the argument here? Not disclosing or not pressing? Seriously, I'm having trouble keeping up.

Are we:

1) Anti-pressing entirely?

or

2) Anti-pressing without disclosing?

The thread has turned up on itself, and I'm not sure which way is up. Pressing? I don't care. Not disclosing? Bad.

Is anybody talking about not disclosing? I'm confused at this point.

That's a pretty meaty post for you....in a pressing thread. :baiting:

Is anybody talking about not disclosing? I'm confused at this point. What's the argument here? Not disclosing or not pressing? Seriously, I'm having trouble keeping up.

Are we:

1) Anti-pressing entirely?

or

2) Anti-pressing without disclosing?

The thread has turned up on itself, and I'm not sure which way is up. Pressing? I don't care. Not disclosing? Bad.

If NOD is like it was when I was a member, different members want different things. Some simply want disclosure, some want pressing labeled as resto, some want the practice of pressing abolished, and at least one wants CGC crucified in the public square.

As for this thread, I don't think anyone has argued against disclosure.