• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Book of Comic Covers

16 posts in this topic

Marvel and DC have had decent sales on their recent hardbacks containing just the covers of Marvel Zombies (which I just ordered) and 52. I'm hoping that this will get them thinking about doing other volumes with just covers. It would be particualrly sweet if DC did some volumes on the classic DC Bronze Covers.

I would love a book (even one given the "Absolute" treatment) that had the classic House of Mystery, House of Secrets, Phantom Strangers, and Unexpecteds (among others) covers in it. I would also like to see a volume of Golden Age Fiction House covers too. They would make great coffee table art books and also serve as good reference tools.

Two questions:

Would you buy a volume of just covers?

What run of covers would you most like to see?

Yes, Mavel put out a volume with the first 500 covers of ASM. Unfortunately not all of the covers are given full-page treatment but it is a pretty cool volume. It has a little history of what was going on in the world at the time the various issues came out, which is a rather interesting read.

Then again there's the custom bound version, for those of us on a shoestring budget. lol

Have to warn you though, much like gerbers, it can cause you to become a completionist. :P

82aweww.jpg

Seriously though, if shutterfly had more pages available, I have considered doing a custom one. Anyone know any presses that have glossy hardbacks with multiple pages over 100 or something?

I actually did a Shutterfly one. When Yahoo dumped its photo service, Shutterfly offered a free photo book to those who switched to them, so I got a twenty pager and filled it with comic pics just to check out the quality. The book turned out to be very good quality. I did two comics per page.

I'd show a scan, but my hp all-in-one scanner died--a month after warranty. :pullhair:

I think its a great idea. I would love a big volume of just classic Silver Age covers to carry around to cons and to have the artists sign their "books." Each cover should take up the whole page with notes on the back.

I think its a great idea. I would love a big volume of just classic Silver Age covers to carry around to cons and to have the artists sign their "books." Each cover should take up the whole page with notes on the back.

Even better idea for doing this! (thumbs u

I bet that would make for a nice coffee table book. I've had my eye on the Spidey comic cover book... make a nice addition to the livingroom.

Not an endorsement for Mile High Comics (whose very name will often derail a thread) but I was able to get the ASM 500 Covers book from them at 60% off cover. Watch their hardcover/trade paperback sales.

Somebody tell me about the Gerber Photo Journals.

Even better idea for doing this! (thumbs u

I love it!

Here's a collection of Cerebus covers available in both hardcover and softcover: http://www.dpbanks.com/crb_cov.html

It's a really cool idea and I'd buy a copy for the right price. Unfortunately the right price for me is well below the binding costs alone!

-Bob

That is a really nice presentation of the covers. I like how they break down where all the money goes. Beautiful stuff!

I would like something like this done for the Walking Dead covers when the series reaches #150 or so.