• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Miracleman #15

13 posts in this topic

9.4 at worst. Did you get a good deal on it?

Well, my grade is 9.4/9.6 (but leaning towards the 9.6), and if that turns out to be true, then, yes, I got a fine deal on it.

If it's a 9.0, then not so much doh!

No matter what, it's nicer than the (also nice) 9.2 I have up for sale - and that's basically why I bought it, to upgrade my existing copy. So I can't really complain.

No worries ... these are opinions on scans and you'll nearly always, always find variances. Grading books is unavoidably a subjective process.

The most important grade is the one you give it, especially since you have the book in hand.

Oh, yeah, I'd say 9.4 easily ... the white dots by Totleben and and Alan -- while a production deal and technically not supposed to affect grade -- do drop the eye appeal a bit for me. There also seems the slightest of blunting in the bottom spine corner. That could be an illusion by the scan.

You going to slab it?

No worries ... these are opinions on scans and you'll nearly always, always find variances. Grading books is unavoidably a subjective process.

The most important grade is the one you give it, especially since you have the book in hand.

Oh, yeah, I'd say 9.4 easily ... the white dots by Totleben and and Alan -- while a production deal and technically not supposed to affect grade -- do drop the eye appeal a bit for me. There also seems the slightest of blunting in the bottom spine corner. That could be an illusion by the scan.

You going to slab it?

Yeah, it'll be sent off right after xmas (it needs to serve as the wife's xmas gift for me first) - I'll be sure to post an update once it's back.

In regards to the white dots, they're a lot less noticeable when you're holding the book - I didn't even realize they were there until I was inspecting the scans.

Thanks for all the grades & feedback, people.