• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about multiple signatures

5 posts in this topic

Hi, im thinking about purchasing a copy of Witchblade #1 that happens to be signed by five of the original people that worked on the project. My question is, if i get it cgc'd will i get marked down for having these signatures if i have no way of certifying them? Oh, and if someone could kindly explain how i could upload an image, i would be happy to do so if it helps.

If it's an unencapsulated/ungraded book with the 5 sigs and it appears to be in high grade (not counting the sigs) then the book will probably receive the Qualifed Label (green) and be graded as if the sigs weren't there and a notation of some sort about writing on the cover will go on the label. If you ask for it not to be Qualified (instead you want the blue Universal label), then the signatures will be considered defects and the grade will drop accordingly.

Unless a CGC authorized Witness was present and held the book after each signing, then the signatures cannot be authenticated for the Signature Series label.