• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aliens vs Predator Movie

50 posts in this topic

The plot elements involving the humans were very disjointed, especially due to a lack of expositive dialog where there should have been. From what I understand, the movie had to be edited down to maintain an R rating. Perhaps this is why parts of it felt poorly stitched together. I also noticed how dark much of the film was and the tightly cropped battle shots, but it didn't bother me too much. I think this is done for budget reasons and as an attempt to make shots seem to move more quickly.

I never saw the first AVP, but this movie provided me with exactly what I was hoping to see - large amounts of human casualties amidst Alien and Predator butt kicking. In that respect, it was a successful movie going experience for me.

The directors, Colin and Greg have been hyping AVP:R for the last year on the IMDB message board for the movie. At first they were really polite and answered most questions, took people's advice, etc. After the movie came out most of the people became hostile towards them and Colin and Greg started to flame back. It was funny to see the directors in a flame war. The general feeling is this movie sucked, the rating is low on both IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes, critic reviews are bad and it hasn't done great at the box office but those guys keep defending it. I'll probably still see it when i go home but im not expecting much :(