• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aliens vs Predator Movie

50 posts in this topic

agree.gif

To sum it up ...

Blood, gore ... more blood, more gore ... a little alien acid blood, a little more gore ... a LOT of blood and gore ... a lot MORE blood and gore ... no acting skills ... a ton of blood and gore with a little alien gore mixed in ... total plot predicatility ... a tiny bit of predator blood (I actually found it/him/her to be the most sympathetic and realistic character in the entire film) ... more gore ... more gore ... more gore ... more predictability ... almost everyone dies ... no suspended disbelief possible ... disappointment that they don't just all die.

I know that sounds negative, but in spite of how it sounds ... I actually kinda enjoyed the mindnumbingness of it. Then again, the tickets were free ... :grin:

Ahh Oneasian - you are like a brother to me! But I just so disagree. ::sigh::

I thought it was incredibly lacking in action, mainly due to the cinematography. I felt the first AVP was so far superior to this one. An Alien movie with hardly any full body shots of the Aliens? I remember so well ALIENS (the best of the lot IMO) with the rascals scurrying all over. Their motion was poetic. Same with the Predator films. The way the Ps moved, their interaction with their weaponry and tech devices etc. The Pred CULTURE that was revealed.I have vivid recall of the first AVP near he end and the fight scene that ensured with Mama Alien. Full bright light. Amazing detail. The scene of Pred flying through the air and doing a gymnastic move spearing down on Alien was amazing. Nothing even approaching that kind of cinematography was present in AVPR.

Now if this were made as a spoof I could see the horrendous plotlines. But they were serious when they made this.

I think one thing that made it so boring for me is that nothing was futhered in either the Alien or Predator mythos. For me, especially, the Predators. I felt the first AVP did much to further the cultural aspects of what a Pred really is, how they interact with each other. This was brought out a bit in Pred 2. It was really expanded on in AVP. In Requiem it did not exist.

Sorry but it really is one of the most boring movies I ever saw (at least in the sf/horror/action genre.)

I must say that I do agree with the lack of full body Alien shots, and the adding the mythos bit. While AVP did deliver there to a degree, those aspects of the mythos for both Aliens and Predators should be and needs to be developed to make the movies truly successful. The creators of this film obviously just said to each other "as long as we have the creatures fighting and people dying, it should be good enough", and while it "good enough", there is definately alot to improve on in terms of story.

Let me say that in AVP:R's defence, while not fully disagreeing with what you're saying (because I do agree with you to a degree), the fight at the end of AVP, if I remember correctly was alot of CGI, I liked Requiem for at least trying to use people in suits as much as possible.

I for one would love to see a movie adaptation of the Aliens trilogy - Earth Hive, Nightmare Asylum and Female War (with Predators thrown into the mix of course) where we have a strong female lead (ala Aliens) and a male commando lead (ala Predator) working together.

Ugh... what a bad movie! It was so cheesy and so incoherent that this will have to be a cult classic in the future. If you're in the mood to laugh at a bad movie, then you could have a great time with this. Unfortunately, it carries the once impressive titles of Alien and Predator.

-Bob

I enjoyed it.

I was nice to sit down for 86 mins or so, turn off my brain and watch a Predator whup up on some Aliens with a variety of Ginsu knives.

Well that was one of my problems. The lighing was so dark and the cropping so tight that most of the time you were not really watch P whup some A. You were watching - well - not sure what.

it sucked. Totally completely and without prevarication - sucked - sucked worse than ANY Sci-Fi made for tv movie - even sucked more than MAN-THING.

I thought it was awesome in its badness!

I was dumbstruck and laughing, stunned and amused.

Just a tremendous movie going experience, and great conversation fodder for years to come.

"Mommy, are all the monsters gone?" hmlol ...just classic!

I thought it was awesome in its badness!

I was dumbstruck and laughing, stunned and amused.

Just a tremendous movie going experience, and great conversation fodder for years to come.

"Mommy, are all the monsters gone?" hmlol ...just classic!

That's what I loved about it too.

Ok 3 or 4 if you count the ones on the ship in the intro.

I think that's actually one of the biggest discrepancies between AVP and this movie, as in the end of AVP, the ship itself is enormous in size, and we see at least a dozen or so Predators come out and go back into the ship.

And then at the beginning of AVP:R, there seems to be only 2 Predators on the ship itself with the corpse from the first movie.

I almost forgot - the ship size is WAAAAAAAY smaller.

I saw a 5min trailer that showed the ship crashing & thought the very same thing! Where are all the other preds! Ect! Also I found it sort of silly all in all that the preds would not think to scan there fallen comrade at the end of the last movie or at the LEAST I figured they KNEW it was in him & wanted it to grow so they could have something to hunt ... but noooo...

Anyways I was so looking forward to this and even the first 5 min I saw looked great but after reading all these mixed reviews which more or less say the same things I think I'll have to wait for a cheap $5 day and go see it then!

I saw a 5min trailer that showed the ship crashing & thought the very same thing! Where are all the other preds! Ect! Also I found it sort of silly all in all that the preds would not think to scan there fallen comrade at the end of the last movie or at the LEAST I figured they KNEW it was in him & wanted it to grow so they could have something to hunt ... but noooo...

Anyways I was so looking forward to this and even the first 5 min I saw looked great but after reading all these mixed reviews which more or less say the same things I think I'll have to wait for a cheap $5 day and go see it then!

go to ign.com and check out the vids they have there. if you like those, then you should definately see it on the big screen.