• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why I Hate International Bidders!!!

81 posts in this topic

rantrant

You know how everyone on here jumps all over Ebay sellers who don't ship internationally? The following scenario is one good reason why people don't like to ship international.

Buyer x won my book on Ebay last week. I email him an invoice with $17.50 for international priority shipping. He emails stating "why is shipping so much when clearly it won't be half that much when it arrives". I politely inform him that $17.30 is what the post office charges for priority shipping to Canada and that I assure him that is exactly what the package will say when he gets it. Fine. He pays on Friday. I shipped the book on Monday. He files a Paypal dispute TODAY that he hasn't received the book. That's a whole THREE days later. Am I missing something here or is he a complete spoon?

rantrant over

This has nothing to do with the fact that he's an international bidder. It has everything to do with the fact that he's just a . There are plenty of stories on these boards about US-based bidders who end up being as much of a jerkwad as this guy is. (shrug)

This has nothing to do with the fact that he's an international bidder. It has everything to do with the fact that he's just a . There are plenty of stories on these boards about US-based bidders who end up being as much of a jerkwad as this guy is. (shrug)
Or Expats

Or Expats

And then again, there ARE international bidders who are -s.

You're probably right. I'm just a little astounded that he thinks the book should be there after 3 days. What's he expect? Teleportation. Wouldn't be a problem domestically as he would probably have the book in 3 days.

The fact that he filed a complaint after only 3 days has nothing to do with where he lives. You're confusing the issue. This exact sequence of events could have happened with an American bidder.

I'm one of those people who jumps all over sellers who won't ship to me. Why? Because when I really want something, I make it clear that I'll pay the required shipping costs and that I'll send payment by whatever method the seller chooses.

I'm one of those people who jumps all over sellers who won't ship to me. Why? Because when I really want something, I make it clear that I'll pay the required shipping costs and that I'll send payment by whatever method the seller chooses.

Same here. Spot on, my man! :golfclap:

Indeed! I brought a book from some dope on ebay, ask him for shipping quote to canada takes him two days to get me one I reply back asking if it includes insurance or not and he sends one back the next day saying its been 4 days that I havn't paid yet & he thinks I am playing games with him! He also states he said nothing about insurance! Well duh!! Thats why I'm asking because if it does not come with it I'd like some! :S

WTF!

How can I send payment with out proper shipping quotes! Provide proper information in a timely manner please people!! :makepoint:

basic lesson theres jerks everyWHERE!

Those pesky foreign bidders bidding up books and increasing item prices for sellers whether they win the auction or not.

And then one of them goes and spoils it all for the rest of the impeccably behaved and patient ones.

Bunch of mountebanks!!!