• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beautiful front covers assigned low grades by the Authorities...

34 posts in this topic

Phantom Presser?

:shy: Check out the thread (started by Steve :whistle:) in General to see the video. (thumbs u

Isn't that a terrorist training film?

Phantom Presser?

:shy: Check out the thread (started by Steve :whistle:) in General to see the video. (thumbs u

Isn't that a terrorist training film?

It scared me when I saw he was holding an X-Men comic. I feared he would force me to read it :sick:

was a 2.5 slabbed version prior to crackage....detached one staple cover.........and beautiful. Pages that stick out are from one interior wrap that's a bit odd, but all the other pages are tucked in nicely.

49463-ComicScan0242.JPG.3a229fabe24ed83ab25ac3aaed2a56c6.JPG

I saw that book about ten years ago (pre-CGC). Ed Jaster had it for sale. It is a Beauty. The colors on it are out of this world (maybe the best I've ever seen on that book). But the tracing is visible (very light though). I just remember that the price was hefty.

I saw that book about ten years ago (pre-CGC). Ed Jaster had it for sale. It is a Beauty. The colors on it are out of this world (maybe the best I've ever seen on that book). But the tracing is visible (very light though). I just remember that the price was hefty.

Thanks for the info. I'm hoping it stays in my collection for a long time. (thumbs u

To be fair, the book does also have a small corner tear on the back cover, which also affects the overall grade.

I was disappointed when this came back a 7.0. I purchased it raw from Metro as an 8.5. I guess that light pencil tracing really knocked down the grade. :frustrated:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Pink Pages? On purpose? Never heard of such...how does this compare to Tan?

-CC

They were actually made that way for some Fox books.

I was disappointed when this came back a 7.0. I purchased it raw from Metro as an 8.5. I guess that light pencil tracing really knocked down the grade. :frustrated:

Pink Pages? On purpose? Never heard of such...how does this compare to Tan?

-CC

They were actually made that way for some Fox books.

(thumbs u (thumbs u Thanks for the info.