• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I need a Preacher and a starman(harris) page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

33 posts in this topic

My friend still has Preacher Issue #8 Page 04 which he is willing to sell. (I gave it to him as a gift some years back.)

(I still have Issue #8 Page 16 myself.)

per PM, :takeit:

In my view it is extremely bad form to grab art in someone elses WTB thread. Sure if Simon passes on the art being offered that is a different story, but otherwise... (tsk)

Preacher pages really aren't that hard to find, despite what reading this thread might indicate. There are probably a dozen on Ebay every year, and all you have to do there is outbid Mike, which happens all the time. He wins his fair share, and he loses some too. There's still plenty of Preacher pages to go around!! Ditto for Starman -- with Ebay, CAF, and the usual suspect dealers, if you really want a page, just hunt one down. It shouldn't take more than a month --> three to get a decent example.

Just wanted to mention this to keep things in perspective here. Besides, if Hart wanted to offer it to one person he would have PM'ed him privately. That's a very good page he's got there and if he's going to give it up, he should get FMV as determined by a bidding war. :devil:

(I have no vested interest here as I learned I'm unable to hang onto a Preacher page for some reason. Maybe just never found the right page.)

Jon, thanks for the input...so where are these Preacher & Sandman pages and where can we get them for dirt cheap?

I would love to land a Sandman page....hmmm, I suspect some gradmother has 'em stashed away in the basement in the mid-west....and is hoarding them 'til she retires. DARN IT!!! It's always those sweet & quiet grannies you have to watch out for!!! ;)

And thanks for the compliment on my page JJ! :) With that said...let the bidding war begin!!! Wait...I meant the flood of compliments!!! ;)

And no comments from you Mike...I already know what you like! Grannies with stashes of Preacher pages!! Hahahahaha!

-Hart

My friend still has Preacher Issue #8 Page 04 which he is willing to sell. (I gave it to him as a gift some years back.)

(I still have Issue #8 Page 16 myself.)

per PM, :takeit:

In my view it is extremely bad form to grab art in someone elses WTB thread. Sure if Simon passes on the art being offered that is a different story, but otherwise... (tsk)

I would agree with you on this if I had come out of the blue and PMed the seller. But, I had already talked with the seller on 02AUG07 at 1:56pm about this page. Since he was selling it for a 3rd party he couldn't agree to any offer I made(and I am not sure the seller was set on letting go of it at that time). So when he mentioned the page in this thread I PMed him to tell him I still want it, now that the seller has decided on a price he is happy with.

And, as JJ said, there are still plenty of pages out there actively for sale. I can find 3 on CAF right now and one in this thread. It is just a matter of seller and buyer agreeing on a price(That is why Hart's page isn;t mine, YET. We can;t agree on a price :frustrated: . I mean, really, its not worth much over $150).

and, Hart, GMILFs don;t need to have a stack of PREACHER pages.

So, in conclusion, there are ONE THOUSAND NINE HUNDRED AND SIXTY THREE pages out there. Can't we all just get along?

can you direct me to the 3 on CAF? i don't know what that is.

I had no idea this kind of demand was present for these pages. It makes sense. The series was awesome, and it still stands as the book that got me the most excited to go to the shop on wed. I'm sure i will get one eventually. Someone will want to let one go for a few hundred that is decent at some point.

can you direct me to the 3 on CAF? i don't know what that is.

www.ComicArtFans.com :grin:

And the three pages I was referring to were from this seller ( http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=546 ). I saw them on mylast search and assumed they were still for sale, but it looks like they were moved to his "sold" folder. Another reason to hate those things.

Jon, thanks for the input...so where are these Preacher & Sandman pages and where can we get them for dirt cheap?

Hahahah. I never said ANYTHING about SANDman pages. Only STARman pages!! ;) And if you want anything good dirt cheap, you're in the wrong hobby as you and I both know. Your page, and any comparably nice Starman page cost more than $152...

Hahahah. I never said ANYTHING about SANDman pages. Only STARman pages!! ;) And if you want anything good dirt cheap, you're in the wrong hobby as you and I both know. Your page, and any comparably nice Starman page cost more than $152...

D'Oh! My bad Jon...I have SAND on the brain!

-h