• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Age Comics and Tanning

46 posts in this topic

:o

Tim would consider a 9.2

:baiting:

Ha! That will be the day. Tim would never sully himself by deigning to mix with the common 9.2 collecting serfs, peasantry and riffraff.

I am ashamed to admit I actually have owned a few 9.2s at one time. :sorry:

JLA1.jpg

JLA7.jpg

FC282.jpg

I think it`s a pretty nice 9.2. It`s not like you bought a 9.6 and paid 9.6 prices and then found out the back was like that. (shrug)

Actually, if it was not a Pac Coast ped I would have passed on it.

If I bought 9.2s, I would buy 9.2s with front covers like that all day. The dust shadows on the back cover wouldn`t bother me on a 9.2.

Why Tim? I understand that 9.6's cost a heck of a lot more and that a 9.2 is a POS anyway, but every grade has its price, and since 9.2's are more plentiful, why not hold out for a better copy? I collect 9.0's and 9.2's and I'm pretty picky. Just because I may not insist on the "best" certified copy, that doesn't mean I don't want the best 'bang for my buck'. Even people who collect these lowly 9.2's have some standards. :baiting:

No, Andrew, what I'm saying is that particular copy looks like a 9.6 from the front, and then is brought down to a 9.2 by the dust shadows on the back. If I were a 9.2 collector, I would prefer those kinds of 9.2s over 9.2s that have some noticeable defects on the front cover.

I think it`s a pretty nice 9.2. It`s not like you bought a 9.6 and paid 9.6 prices and then found out the back was like that. (shrug)

Actually, if it was not a Pac Coast ped I would have passed on it.

If I bought 9.2s, I would buy 9.2s with front covers like that all day. The dust shadows on the back cover wouldn`t bother me on a 9.2.

Why Tim? I understand that 9.6's cost a heck of a lot more and that a 9.2 is a POS anyway, but every grade has its price, and since 9.2's are more plentiful, why not hold out for a better copy? I collect 9.0's and 9.2's and I'm pretty picky. Just because I may not insist on the "best" certified copy, that doesn't mean I don't want the best 'bang for my buck'. Even people who collect these lowly 9.2's have some standards. :baiting:

No, Andrew, what I'm saying is that particular copy looks like a 9.6 from the front, and then is brought down to a 9.2 by the dust shadows on the back. If I were a 9.2 collector, I would prefer those kinds of 9.2s over 9.2s that have some noticeable defects on the front cover.

Gotcha. I just like arguing with you. :baiting:

:o

Tim would consider a 9.2

:baiting:

Ha! That will be the day. Tim would never sully himself by deigning to mix with the common 9.2 collecting serfs, peasantry and riffraff.

I am ashamed to admit I actually have owned a few 9.2s at one time. :sorry:

JLA1.jpg

Tim,

That 9.2 JLA #1 has some " 9.4 qualities" :cry:

:censored:

I`ll still never understand why CGC gave it a 9.2 in the first place. If I had been a little more sophisticated in the ways of the crack and resub game at the time, I would have resubbed to see if it could get the 9.4 it always deserved. It was a real beauty when it was raw. :mad: