• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Book That Slipped Through Your Fingers...

38 posts in this topic

I remember that. Recently won a couple of books from the same seller. Everything went smoothly. Still, I was leery after your experience. I am sorry you had such problems.

I'm sorry too. I just wish that such a thing did not happen, as the book that was lost was something I had been counting on for quite a long time.

Almost had the Cosmic Aeroplane copies of Earthman on Venus and some of the other great Avon books back in the late 70s. But I was a college student with no money.

Also missed on copies of Detective 27 and Whiz 2 (1), both coverless, at about the same time.

Gone, unfortunately...

The Larson copy of an Hourman-cover Adventure I sold for guide back in the early 80s without realizing it was a pedigree (at least I got it for less than that).

Also a Captain America 74 that I sold way too cheap at a con at the University of Houston back in '86 or '87.

An almost perfect copy of Spider-Man 14, also sold in the early/mid 80s.

A damaged but complete copy of Red Raven 1.

An absolutely perfect copy of Green Lama 1 (if anybody has it, it has "from the collection of William Sumlin" stamped in the margin of the first page)

Some killer George Perez first run Avengers pages sold at mall shows in the early 80s, when they were around $50 each.

Too many to remember.

None for me, really. Not because I always win (though I often do) but because my mantra is now “It’s just funnybooks.” In the past, if I lost out on a book I really wanted it could affect my mood for a night and I’d obsess about it, but it’s not worth it in the big picture. There’s always another comic right around the corner. :D

9.8 Sandman #8 variant. I don't believe I'll ever find another one.
Yes, you will :foryou:

Thanks Danny, I hope so. I can't believe I didn't place a higher bid on that book! :frustrated:

Sold for a measly $510 on pedigree. White pages, and a beautiful front cover. doh!

Whoever bought it, sell it to me! :wishluck:

dc71.jpg

I remember seeing that book after it sold also and thought someone got a bargain.

Looks much better than the grade and of course the white pages.

Ken