• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charlotte Comicon December 29th Charlotte NC

21 posts in this topic

The largest and best one day comic book convention in the Carolinas returns - December 29th

www.charlottecomicon.com

Everything from 50 cent/$1 comics to CA, BA, SA and GA - plus keys, CGC books, BLBs, trades and GNs, toys, busts and statues, original art and much much more.

Free Marvel digests to the first 200 people through the door.

Spider-Man 3 posters and other door prizes/shopping sprees given away all day long.

As always - CGC board members are in for free.

Hope you can make it.

thanks!!

Yes

In big lots of course

Shankle bought 5 or 6 boxes from him at our last show and he tried to sell him some other books at the Hickory show in October and he balked. Guess he wanted too much for them the second time?

Shelton has hundreds and hundreds of boxes of CA BA SA books in his warehouse.

The reason hm

Maybe taxes??

I don't really know

He's been pushing us to go ahead and pay him for the big show by the end of this year, but he's still only giving a 10% discount which I get anyways :screwy:

A mini report on one of the best one-day cons around. Chris F. had lots of new stuff. Lots of nice high grade SA books from a new collection. I talked with him for quite a while. He said that he's working hard on his store in Columbia, SC. Arex, I saw several of those 52-pagers you are looking for (you are still looking for 52-pagers aren't you? :baiting:) Several dealers had GA books that I hadn't seen before. I met a new dealer at the show — Greg White, from Florida. He's an old-time dealer with lots of great books. Spent lots of time talking with him, and especially enjoyed his stories about Shelly Moldoff. I had not planned to buy anything at the show, and had to struggle not to buy a couple of All Winners he had. They were sweet books, but, thankfully, came away empty handed (Christmas and a family vacation to Paris has put my buying on hold for a while). Still had a great time. Thanks Rick for putting on a great show!!! (thumbs u

Thanks Rick.

It was good to see you yesterday.

There was a very good variety of books at the show.

Certainly something for every type of collector.

Here's my 15 seconds of fame. lol:acclaim:

http://news14.com/content/top_stories/591252/comic-con-provides-plenty-of-fun/Default.aspx

Chuck R is standing in front of Dave Hinson's (co-promoter) table early in the video.

Unfortunately with both taking care of the show, the door, and the tables, you never have a long period of time to talk to anyone long.

Basically he was invited by Shelton to come on a buying trip to the warehouse and decided to come to the show. He was suppose to leave at 2, but decided to stay the entire day and spend the night at the hotel and fly back to Denver on Sunday.

From what I could tell and heard, he wasn't buying bulk, but more esoteric and expensive comics.

Spent 2K+ plus with quite a few dealers. Bought an X-men #1. Some other higher priced SA. Bought a box of romance comics? Looked for new hot stuff. Asked about Fables. Heard he made a comment about finding some great deals. He talked about coming back.

Would be great to have him back for at least 1 or 2 shows next year. :banana:

Here are some more Chuck buys

Low grade JIM 83

A couple of golden age Wonder Woman and Action, some late issue Vampirellas, some silver DC, and low end Gold.

It appears he's trying to get the low end stuff at about 30-40% Paying more for higher end stuff 60-65%