• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Marvel Villain Survivor Series, ROUND 1

Mrvel Villain Survivor Series Round 1 - Vote off 4  

354 members have voted

1. 1. Mrvel Villain Survivor Series Round 1 - Vote off 4

95 posts in this topic

And votes for Galactus? UGH

:gossip: Go read (or re-read as the case may be) "The Last Galactus Story" along with John Byrne's alternate ending. Galactus is not a villian. He's part of a greater cosmic order.

Regardless of his status in the cosmic order, Galactus is still an antagonist. If he started to eat your planet, you wouldn't see him as amoral.

:gossip: Go read (or re-read as the case may be) "The Last Galactus Story" along with John Byrne's alternate ending. Galactus is not a villian. He's part of a greater cosmic order.

Regardless of his status in the cosmic order, Galactus is still an antagonist. If he started to eat your planet, you wouldn't see him as amoral.

Don't impose your self-preservation imperative on others!

:baiting:

This is a great list, but I have to say I don't like the Frightful Four being lumped together. Sandman and Wizard could make a decent run in their own right...and it would be interesting to see how many votes PPP would get.

I would think Paste Pot Pete would get the boot pretty quickly.

As the Trapster, he might stick around for a round or two.

I've got agree with this. I was thinking that if PPP was on the list he get everyone's votes.

M

Absolutely. Thanks Doc, perfect word. Galactus is neither moral nor immoral. He's neither good nor bad. He's a force of nature.

Absolutely. Thanks Doc, perfect word. Galactus is neither moral nor immoral. He's neither good nor bad. He's a force of nature.

Okay, have it your way. He is a force of nature, but he is a force of nature that is sentient and perceived, by his victims, to be evil. He is the antagonist in many of the best stories and deserves to be on the list.

Okay, have it your way. He is a force of nature, but he is a force of nature that is sentient and perceived, by his victims, to be evil. He is the antagonist in many of the best stories and deserves to be on the list.

Fair enough. Don't get me wrong, I love the character.

However, it's not Galactus who's making the moral choices. It's his Heralds. His Heralds are the villians, not Galactus.

Fair enough. Don't get me wrong, I love the character.

However, it's not Galactus who's making the moral choices. It's his Heralds. His Heralds are the villians, not Galactus.

How do you see that?

BTW... it's "villain(s)." :gossip:

It's freakin ridiculous
I've been reading comics for 30 years and I've barely heard of her. Which tells me:

A) She's newer which ensures she won't last long since probably over 50% of the boards doesn't read new comics.

or

B) She's X-men related but has not crossed over to other books. Still worthy of dismissal since she can't escape the X-Universe ala Magneto or Sabretooth.

2c

How do you see that?

BTW... it's "villain(s)." :gossip:

:gossip: Thanks man, my grammer and spelling are terrible. Always have been, always will be.

His Heralds choose where Galactus feeds. In this case, blame the messanger. They brought the destruction down.

Yes, but isn't Galactus himself the ultimate cause of the destruction? That is like saying it is the hound dogs fault that the hunter shot the fox.

Not trying to argue, just talking.