• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WOW! ASM #101-3K.......

46 posts in this topic

A good example of something I don't get about comic grading - that manufacturing defects (like that really ugly upper right corner with the inner pages showing) are not every bit as bad as handling damage. Oh well...

A good example of something I don't get about comic grading - that manufacturing defects (like that really ugly upper right corner with the inner pages showing) are not every bit as bad as handling damage. Oh well...

And if it were an AF15, there would be a TRIMMED word inside the purple label...

imPRESSive

True, so true. That book undoubtedly did not look that good even when it first rolled off the printing press 36 years ago; it has a very unnatural look to it now. "It's not like new, it's better than new!!" :P

And people wonder why I don't collect slabs anymore... :juggle::sorry:

OK guys, don't get me wrong but... how do you know?

How can you say the comic looks unnatural? All I see is a front-on scan. I see a comic cover behind plastic. No way can I judge it based on that.

As for trimming, no. Plenty of freshly minted comics have covers at funny angles, covers that don't cover the innards, etc.

I'm all for policing the market but if you're complaining about this auction on the basis of this auction alone then you have no reason to be suspicious about trimming OR pressing.

Unless, of course, you know the seller and know that pressing is a habit of his :blahblah:

Unless, of course, you know the seller and know that pressing is a habit of his :blahblah:

The seller is Matt Nelson, whose company motto is 'If it moves, press it. If it doesn't move...press the hell out of it anyway!'

Not that he proactively discloses this fact. (thumbs u

Despite the hoop-la about whether its pressed or not, and far be it from me to diss anyone's purchases.....but.....that book's way way overpriced to me (shrug)

The seller is Matt Nelson, whose company motto is 'If it moves, press it. If it doesn't move...press the hell out of it anyway!'

Not that he proactively discloses this fact. (thumbs u

Ahhh! That's Mr Nelson is it? Didn't know that!

Now I understand (thumbs u

Not that I necessarily disapprove of this pressing malarkey. Haven't really made up my mind about it to be honest.

I sold my F/VF ASM101 recently for a grand total of £12.50. Doesn't seem fair lol

If I were in the market for this book, I'd buy Roy's date stamp pimp-slap version at CGC 9.4 and have a ton to spend on other stuff! IN fact, I'd probably take his book straight up over that one because of the 9.8's serious right side "gangster lean."

If I were in the market for this book, I'd buy Roy's date stamp pimp-slap version at CGC 9.4 and have a ton to spend on other stuff! IN fact, I'd probably take his book straight up over that one because of the 9.8's serious right side "gangster lean."

:cloud9:

That date stamp was 'da Bomb!! That B slap spanned decades.

R.

I;m very happy with the MQ unslabbed copy I picked up . . .

What's "MQ" stand for?

Mutant Queen?

Massive Quotient?

Mediocre Quilt?

lol

(really, though . . . don't know this abbreviation.)

Mid Quality :blush:

R.

Fo Shizzle

R.

Fo Shizzle

It no longer belongs to Roy. :shy:

Thanks, Roy. :)