• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Census

8 posts in this topic

Depends on the books, really. Some issues have very few graded copies because they are terribly rare. Others have never been submitted because they're totally worthless. For instance, check out this issue of Rom #74:

http://www.cgccomics.com/census/grades_standard.asp?title=Rom&publisher=Marvel+Comics&issue=74&year=1986&issuedate=1%2F86

Totally random issue, raw copies found in dollar boxes everywhere. Don't think the owner of this lone, slabbed 9.6 copy could get much for it.

I know from what's in front of me IRON AND THE MAIDEN #1 SDCC graded 9.8 is the only one on the census.

this being a fare new book I wouldn't think it's worth less just yet.

I didn't mean to suggest that your book is worthless --- far from it. In fact, you hadn't even mentioned the title yet. :foryou:

I just looked it up, and that San Diego Con variant is a sweet-looking cover. Nice book!

Hello everyone,

I just got back books sent in and noticed that some books where the only ones on the census list.

Is this a good or bad?

If sold on this board or ebay would this drive up prices? (shrug)

It takes moderns some time to start filtering into the system, especially if they are not a maintstream title.

Other books have little to no representation due to low value or a vlaue that, when slabbed, will not yield a profit.

Arex

Hello everyone,

I just got back books sent in and noticed that some books where the only ones on the census list.

Is this a good or bad?

It takes moderns some time to start filtering into the system, especially if they are not a maintstream title.

Other books have little to no representation due to low value or a vlaue that, when slabbed, will not yield a profit.

Arex

...and yet still others are nigh-impossible to find in HG.

Just covering all the bases here

Hello everyone,

Is this a good or bad?

Arex

...and yet still others are nigh-impossible to find in HG.

Just covering all the bases here

I wonder if we all started using the word "nigh" because of Chris Claremont... hm

The problem with these odd single Top Census books is that it can go for a lot of money if someone is actively looking to complete a registry set or private collection. Otherwise, it will still languish for want of a buyer.

For instance, I own the only 9.8 copy of Beautiful Stories for Ugly Children so far which I got off eBay.