• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clarification on how tied sets are ranked.

2 posts in this topic

This is what I found posted in the FAQ section, but I believe there is either an error or there needs to be some more clarification.

The Registry system will first rank by score and in the case of a tie the system will determine which set has the highest percentage of comic images. If the score and percentage of images is equal between two sets, then the percentage of comic descriptions will be considered. So to break it down, ranking is achieved by considering in this order:

Set score

Percentage of comics with images

Percentage of comics with descriptions

If all of the above items are equal between sets, then sets will be sorted by the date the SCORE was achieved (first to achieve it will appear higher), but they will have the same rank number beside their set.

The way this reads, if two sets have equal points and say one has 100% of their set with images while the other has 85%, then the one with 100% should be #1.

But, this doesn't appear to be the case. One thing that is left out I notice, is that the tied set with the higher percentage of completedness wins out first.

I'm also wondering if "Percentage of comics with images", really means...Most comics with images. This is a lot different than Percentage.

For example: If collector A has 1,000 points and is 50% complete, he loses to Collector B who has 1,000 points and is 85% complete.

Now, what if collector A has 100% of his with images and colector B only has 85% with images? Does this matter since collector A has less books in their set?

The way it's written now, collector A should be #1, but that's not how it is.

Gemma, can you help clarify or amend this?

Thanks