• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big Box 12 Centers...

124 posts in this topic

Ooops. . .just noted that the aamow88 is a 10¢ big box. Hope you'll forgive me for that. Got kinda carried away.

:sumo: Don't let it happen again.

Unless of course it's DC War and then it's okay. :grin:

B & B # 44 , what a great book to own. Yours is a Beauty!! :cloud9:

That and # 34 1st app. are the best covers in the Hawkman tryouts and lets not forget # 36 also, IMHO!! My fave DC Silver Age character. I love Murpy Anderson's take the best on Hawkman , but Joe Kubert had a real gritty feel on Hawkman that I've really come to appreciate over the years. To bad he didn't have enough time to do more with him.

To bad he didn't have enough time to do more with him.

They didn't sell all that well when he drew them and they gave him two tries (3 issues each) in Brave and the Bold. Murphy's take clicked with the comic-buying public, though I prefer Kubert's.

They didn't sell all that well when he drew them and they gave him two tries (3 issues each) in Brave and the Bold. Murphy's take clicked with the comic-buying public, though I prefer Kubert's.

Really? I didn't know that. Maybe kids preferred Anderson's polished style vs. Kubert's sketchier style. They're both great, but those Kubert issues are unbelievable.

Really? I didn't know that. Maybe kids preferred Anderson's polished style vs. Kubert's sketchier style. They're both great, but those Kubert issues are unbelievable.

Murphy's art is clean, simple and bright so must have been more accessible to that public.

:o Danny, is that issue of Supes that hard to find in that grade?

They all are from about 1963 and earlier. Worth that much? Only to the guy who wants NM issues, and there arent many.