• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers #12 CGC it?

9 posts in this topic

Very nice! Does the crease by Caps left boot go all the way to the bottom edge? It looks like there is a fairly big crease ULHC of the BC. I think this will keep you below 8.5.

Mike

That BC crease is very light and awful hard to see. the crease by cap's boot looked like part of the artwork at first.............

i was thinking about the only thing wrong was the top edge, but with the two creases, i have to agree that 8.5 might be a wee bit too high.............i'd still send it in, however as it's a very presentable copy of a cool looking book... :wishluck:

Very nice! Does the crease by Caps left boot go all the way to the bottom edge? It looks like there is a fairly big crease ULHC of the BC. I think this will keep you below 8.5.

Mike

That BC crease is very light and awful hard to see. the crease by cap's boot looked like part of the artwork at first.............

i was thinking about the only thing wrong was the top edge, but with the two creases, i have to agree that 8.5 might be a wee bit too high.............i'd still send it in, however as it's a very presentable copy of a cool looking book... :wishluck:

The crease is only what you see and does not go all the down the bottom of the page.

If you slab and it gets a 7.5 it's not really worth it IMO...the book would be worth about $75...it's gonna cost at least $35-$40 to slab it...$29 CGC fee plus shipping/insurance both directions...just keep the purty book in bag/board on this one...

If you slab and it gets a 7.5 it's not really worth it IMO...the book would be worth about $75...it's gonna cost at least $35-$40 to slab it...$29 CGC fee plus shipping/insurance both directions...just keep the purty book in bag/board on this one...
:sumo: I agree.

This is a prime example of the kind of book that I'd like to buy and keep in my collection. The 1.5" crease will kill the otherwise CGC grade, and it sure is suh-weet looking copy - Keep it in Mylar and enjoy it! :grin:

Slabbing it will only lessen it's overall value - both to you and and a potential buyer. :)