• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A little Dilemma

45 posts in this topic

There is a piece of art I really want it costs $1150.00 . My wife feels I need to sell in order to get it, I can see her point. Here is the question. I am getting a Batman 232 back from CGC it is a 9.6. This book is a part of my Adams collection and I had no intentions of ever selling it. There was a recent sale for 900.00 I feel my copy presents better. So I may get the full 900 or a little more.

Should I sell the 9.6 for the art?

Art is the first appearance of a 2nd tier Marvel group from the 60's without giving away too much info. The Artist is rather popular.

Pros for the art one of a kind.

I won't be able to find this piece again or another page from this book

(I know the owner of the rest of the book)

Pros for the Batman I will never get one as nice most likely.

I will be one more book short in my Adams collection.

Any opinions?

Sounds like you would love to have both.

Why not try to sell off lesser, more replaceable stuff (I am assuming, but we all have the bulk and the good stuff in our collections) to pay for the art?

Then you would have two cool pieces and a smaller pile.

Two for the art. hm Do Batman 232's sell pretty quickly in this range would be the next question

Here is a picture of the Batman in question before I had it CGC'd. My scanner wasn't working at the time.

comics029.jpg

Sounds like you would love to have both.

Why not try to sell off lesser, more replaceable stuff (I am assuming, but we all have the bulk and the good stuff in our collections) to pay for the art?

Then you would have two cool pieces and a smaller pile.

Sadly most of my lesser stuff just doesn't sell. I typically lose money when I sell.

Getting awfully close to pimpin' your wares in Comics General :baiting:

Nice book ;)

I still am undecided so this book not on the market. I tried to talk the seller down and he won't budge. Heck I tried to trade a CGC Superman 53 7.0 for it and he said no.

I faced the exact situation a couple of years ago. I had a 232 9.6 with perfect centering and white pages...one of the finest 9.6 specimens I had ever seen. Still, when faced with keeping that or selling it to get a piece of art I really wanted, the slab went. I ended up selling 99% of my high-dollar slabs to fund art and I don't really miss any of them except for a sweet GL #76 9.4 (again with nice centering and white pages). That's one I wish I had back. Overall, though, I'm getting more enjoyment out of my OA collection than I was with my slabs (as nice as they were).

I still have slabs of some modern books I enjoy, as well as some misc. books from my youth. That's enough to scratch the slab itch.

Everyone's mileage may vary, of course.

Getting awfully close to pimpin' your wares in Comics General :baiting:

Nice book ;)

:censored:

How about some props.

:frustrated:

Yeah I forgot this book came from r1970d on one of his selling threads as a 9.2 possibly a 9.4.

When anyone decides to derail one of your threads (r1970d) due to costs or possible grading they should take this Batman 232 into account. I will never find another at what I paid for this book.

you can always replace the 232. The art is one of a kind. But, not knowing the piece or the artist, I cant judge whether the art will hold its value as I imagine the 232 will. Supply says clearly go for th eart: cant calculate the demand factor.