• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,929 posts in this topic

Due to EXTREME heat and being trapped indoors,I am going to scrounge through the boxes and start a sale sometime this evening.

Grab an ice cold beer and be there!!!! :headbang:

O.K. but hurry up. I dont want to be drunk when the books show up. lol

RX

The time has come for me to start letting go of some of my HG SA Superman collection -- Actions (including #252), Superman, Superboy (including 68 &89 1st Mon-el) and pre-300 Adventures (including 260, origin of Aquaman).

If you are interested, send me a PM. I would love to sell the bunch as a lot...I have sold many books to many a happy formite..I have been told I am easy to deal with!

thanks,

Bill

Just a head's up

Some very nice people have been offering comic book donations for Nik and his family.

I am asking for scans (both sides if possible) a description, and a starting price if you have a minimum. Shipping must be included in your donation.

I'm going to set up an auction, to run on the BOARDS, starting Tuesday night. I'll do the background set up and help, but I have asked Andrew (GaCollectibles) to run the thread, he and Nik were good friends.

Andrew and many others are in San Diego right now and won't be back till Monday, hence the Tuesday start date.

If you have anything to donate (anything comic related, art, statues, whatever you wish), please PM me by Sunday night, so I can get everything together. If you are not donating then please mark your calendars so you can support the auction.

IF any of the items do have a high start price and the starting bid is not met, I'll work something out, where I will list the item on Ebay under my id and I'll cover the fees. I don't expect that will be necessary, but I did want to cover that in case, since there were a few questions about where the auctions will take place. I cannot set up charity auctions for him on Ebay, it has to be a registered charity and I think here is the best place to start in any case.

Feel free to post this in other threads...I don't want to "spam" but I do want people to know what's going on.

Thank you

Edited by skypinkblu

Here is a link to the test thread for the auctions starting Tuesday night for Nik's wife and family. Auctions for Nik's family

All proceeds go to them.

We have about 114 books so far (I'm expecting one more)

The auctions will start at 7pm tonight (it's Tuesday here) , and Wednesday, in the VCC thread and will end Sunday and Monday night.

I know it's a lot to ask, but I was hoping out of respect for a much loved member, we as a community would not post new sales threads at least for the first 2 and last 2 nights of the auctions. We really need bidders and there is some wonderful stuff donated, much more than I ever expected... : (worship)

I'm going to post this in the discussion thread. Feel free to cut and paste it where appropriate.

Thank you!...you have all been wonderful...now don't forget to bid!

Sharon

Here is a link to the test thread for the auctions starting Tuesday night for Nik's wife and family. Auctions for Nik's family

All proceeds go to them.

We have about 114 books so far (I'm expecting one more)

The auctions will start at 7pm tonight (it's Tuesday here) , and Wednesday, in the VCC thread and will end Sunday and Monday night.

I know it's a lot to ask, but I was hoping out of respect for a much loved member, we as a community would not post new sales threads at least for the first 2 and last 2 nights of the auctions. We really need bidders and there is some wonderful stuff donated, much more than I ever expected... : (worship)

I'm going to post this in the discussion thread. Feel free to cut and paste it where appropriate.

Thank you!...you have all been wonderful...now don't forget to bid!

Sharon

Sharon....does this mean no new sales threads or no new additions to existing sales threads during these 4 nights? Maybe we should make it both.

Edited by shark2557

Well, both would be lovely, but I don't expect that people will close their threads and I'm not asking anyone to roll over and play dead, just to be respectful. I'm going to post a link in the marketplace when the auctions start, and hope that some people bump it, so others can see it later.