• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,938 posts in this topic

:hi: guys and gals.

Been hustling and trading books with locals and some shops to see if I can interest anybody. Really need the cash so :wishluck:

"Another Sporadic Sale" starts Wednesday night. Trying to get back in the game. :eek:

Will be posting Modern DCs, Marvels, and Indies singles and lots.

Julio

Edited by FIREFLY

At some point today (either in a few minutes or tonight) I'm going to post a 50% off new collection and all the books will be listed upfront so you can scan the whole shebang very quickly. Which is good because there might be 600 books, mostly 1964-1970. Grades are pretty much FR to VF- with the majority GD to FN. There are some bronze, including some bronze titles like Jungle Action, Tomb of Dracula, Superman Family, etc. but mostly mainstream Marvel and DC like FF, JIM/Thor, ASM, X-Men, Green Lantern, Flash, Hulk, Mystery in Space, etc.

Since I broke my leg/torn calf too. :sorry: I've lost my commission for Sept. So I will have to do something to pay my house payment,I have never sold a comic before so I'm a novice at this.I will be posting tonight or tomorrow the pics,here are some to start it off.

Please check em out!

X-Men #94 CGC 8.5 OW/W

Werewolf by Night #32 8.5 White

Fantastic Four #9 VG Raw

I just picked up 100 bronze slabs from CGC and I will start listing tomorrow...mostly 9.8, some 9.6

from X-men, to Nova, Ms Marvel, FF, Firestorm, Star Wars, Invaders, What If, to Spider Woman, Wonder woman, and an almost complete run of John Carters in 9.8

all will be below GPA anywhere from 10 to 25%...hopefully a blow out with the average slab costing less than $50.

Edited by etanick

This Friday, October 1st, around 10:00pm, I will be listing approx 50-60 books from a high grade Iron Man collection that runs from issue # 6-160. Most books are OO, none have been pressed, and most are very sharp books in the 9.0/9.2 range. Almost all will be priced well below Guide.

Please check my "Never Ending" thread this Friday if interested.

Well just got some more grades online today and probably have books back in the next week or so....Will post them for sale when they arrive...

Adventure Comics #300 8.0 ow

Amazing Spider-man 64 9.8 WHITE :banana:

Amazing Spider-man 73 9.4 WHITE

Amazing Spider-man 132 9.6 WHITE

Daredevil #11 9.4 ow/w

Fantastic Four #39 9.2 ow/w

Sub-Mariner #6 9.6 ow/w

Steve

Hopefully I will launch a sales thread tommarrow night ( Wed ) at around 5:30 Central time. I will be selling a ton of stuff indivudually and in group lots. All kinds of odd-ball stuff. Most of these books are in lower grades so they will be dirt cheap and priced to move. I have hundreds of books ready to go and will add more groups if stuff sells fairly well. Nice Wonder Woman lot, Outer Limits, 12 & 15 cent Dells, Man from U.N.C.L.E., Girls from U.N.C.L.E. Star Trek Logs, Marvel Lots, D.C. lots etc, etc. Duck Dells from my last thread that didnt sell will be put in groups and blown out. I will try using thumbnails for the first time as a courtesy not to take up alot of page space. See you tommarrow night.

DR.X

Guess I should make an announcement here, lest there are some that have missed my thread... Due to my recent unemployment, I am listing and hopefully selling most of my collection, in the hopes that I will get up enough capital to get out of this town.

The books listed so far are my Atom Agers, Silver Agers and Bronze Agers, and I've listed the first couple of boxes of my pulps... Going to work on the rest of my pulps tonight, and hopefully get them posted sometime tomorrow.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=78&Number=4291125&Searchpage=1&Main=202859&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post4291125

Thanks to all of ya'll that have already made purchases,

Joshua

Hello everybody! :hi:

After spending the last 1-1/2 weeks with my mom and stepdad ( :sick: ), my wife and I have moved into our rental home for the next year and I should have internet access for the home computer as of tomorrow morning.

I received a shipment of slabs last week and will be having another quick slab sale sometime this weekend - hopefully tomorrow night but maybe not until Saturday. I still have to scan the slabs and still have a lot to do moving wise so more than likely it will be Saturday. The furniture and appliances should show up tomorrow night. :whee:

Shark (thumbs u

I have a couple books graded and another 5 now graded. None of them are obviously back yet but will be for sale when they arrive.

Thanks,

Steve

Journey Into Mystery #96 9.2 ow/w

Amazing Spider-man #45 9.4 ow/w

Graded

Amazing Spider-man #69 9.2 ow/w

Avengers #55 9.2 ow/w

Daredevil #24 9.6 ow/w

Detective #387 9.4 WHITE

Sgt Fury 28 9.0 WHITE

Edited by rube11

CPG fans, collectors and the curious:

Well, after a couple of months of collaboration and coordination with Olympian Publishing and some legwork I've managed to complete a small Cursed Pirate Girl Project with the help of a couple of backers. I will be posting a special pre-sale regarding Cursed Pirate Girl tonight around 2pm EST. CPG fans, or even peeps that are interested in pretty sweet collectibles, tune in then in the Moderns Sales Thread.

Lots of work went into this opportunity, but well worth it. I was impressed with the growing fanbase as evidenced by the Kickstarter Project so I figured, why not coordinate a very special exclusive that would not only cater to the CPG crowd, but also help children in the community as well? After all, they are the next generation of readers.

So this pre-sale will have 15% of its sales going toward a great cause...youth literacy. There are very limited copies available with sweet exclusivity enhancing their collectivity. Won't let too much out. ;)

Edited by FIREFLY