• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading Contest Results: ROUND 4

39 posts in this topic

I infortunately cannot make people send in their grades, but I did drop 2 from the list who have not submitted a grade for the first 4 rounds. I also feel that after 20 rounds, if you miss submitting 5 grades or more, you should also be removed from the list of players, it would only be fair to all who are playing (shrug)

:)

Also, if you no longer wish to participate, just let me know and I will remove you from the list.

(In my best Sgt. Fury impersonation:)

Ya mean QUIT?!? Not a chance you sissies :sumo: Quit comes right after Queer in the dictionary! :insane:

Nik...it's apparently within the rules to abstain from voting on any given book (presumably one you're having trouble pegging...) Is there a maximum number of abstentions, or said the other way, a minmum number of entries to qualify in the final standings?

Seems like there should be... (shrug)

Sounds like someone's asking for a rule change... :baiting:

I infortunately cannot make people send in their grades, but I did drop 2 from the list who have not submitted a grade for the first 4 rounds. I also feel that after 20 rounds, if you miss submitting 5 grades or more, you should also be removed from the list of players, it would only be fair to all who are playing (shrug)

So someone could send you a PM stating that they "pass" and take 0 points?

If someone is up by 5 at the last round they could win by "passing" and not taking the risk of getting a -1 or -2.

This is why I thought not sending a grade in should get the -2 max penality.

Maybe you should make that the rule for the last round or two.

Not bellyaching... just some stuff to ponder. hm

You are doing a great job Nik. :foryou:

I have considered that scenario also and I hate doing it but will be forced to remove a player from the contest once he has missed 5 rounds.

I hope it does not come to that as I would like to see everyone who signed up continue playing.

Just my 2c...

I like the miss getting the -2.

To even things out for those that miss a round, a future contest could also toss out the highest and lowest scores as well... hm

Makes a lot of sense that a miss would get the lowest possible score available.