• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What an Ebay tool.

5 posts in this topic

At best, I consider it keyword spamming. At worst, it is an outright attempt to induce a trigger happy BIN.

I'm talking about listing German "variants" of Marvel keys without disclosing such in the title.

TOS 39

GS XMen 1

XMen 1

Hulk 181

There is only 1 reason for listing these with this high a price, no mention that they're German ed. in the title and only BIN. I don't care that the seller shows pics of the German cover or that he lists the fact that it is a German ed. This is a scam as much as any other. rantrant

At best, I consider it keyword spamming. At worst, it is an outright attempt to induce a trigger happy BIN.

I'm talking about listing German "variants" of Marvel keys without disclosing such in the title.

TOS 39

GS XMen 1

XMen 1

Hulk 181

There is only 1 reason for listing these with this high a price, no mention that they're German ed. in the title and only BIN. I don't care that the seller shows pics of the German cover or that he lists the fact that it is a German ed. This is a scam as much as any other. rantrant

go beat them up.

The auction seems pretty straight forward to me. In fact, he makes a big deal about how "rare" the German edition is. Whilst he is spamming to get you to look at his auction by not saying it in the title, anyone who gets tricked by those auctions has to be retarded and should not be allowed to bid on ebay. Not a scam, but rather, spam. At least from what I saw in the TOS 39 description.

Not a scam. Where is it in the comics ethics code does it state that you "MUST" place the variant information in the title? He does communicate the information...unless you are challenged in reading the auction description, this looks fine to me.

It would've been convenient if he had placed this in the auction title, but I don't consider that a breach of etiquette. If he had forgotten to communicate this information at all, we would be in different territory. I understand the "tricks" people use to try to pass it off as an original, but I just don't see it here.