• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your best Comic Book acquisition in 2007?

347 posts in this topic

I still am amazed that he spotted the date stamp on this one on ebay.

I give up, where is the stamp?

In the yellow flames between the Baron's boots. :P

Wow, I'm amazed he spotted it as well.

Why did CGC not note the ped status on the label?

A fair number of greenies are submitted by people that either don't realize they have a green river, or don't care. I'm not sure exactly how CGC handles these books if they even realized that it's a potential pedigree.....but if you don't submit and draw their attention to it, it can easily end up unlabled. I have at least 8 or 10 slabbed greenies without labels. I usually verify them by matching up the date with another marvel with the same date stamp that is a verified GR.

Long-winded Red

A fair number of greenies are submitted by people that either don't realize they have a green river, or don't care. I'm not sure exactly how CGC handles these books if they even realized that it's a potential pedigree.....but if you don't submit and draw their attention to it, it can easily end up unlabled. I have at least 8 or 10 slabbed greenies without labels. I usually verify them by matching up the date with another marvel with the same date stamp that is a verified GR.

Long-winded Red

Thanks for taking the time to explain. (thumbs u

Long-winded Red

I would suspect it's true for other pedigree books too, but if they don't have markings like arrival dates or date stamps......it would be near impossible to id them.

Long-winded Red

I would suspect it's true for other pedigree books too, but if they don't have markings like arrival dates or date stamps......it would be near impossible to id them.

You're right.

I've seen some Bethlehem copies slip thru' the CGC label net before now.

I once had a House of Secrets Bethlehem that was curiously noted as Bethlehem on the spine label but not on the main big label...go figure (shrug)