• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your best Comic Book acquisition in 2007?

347 posts in this topic

this copy of FF 1 i got last winter from metropolis is still my best pick up! It has a very clean and white cover for the grade and no chipping! The pages are beautiful-tight and clean with bright colors! Just spine wear and a bunch of pencil indentations on the back cover keep the grade down to a 4,5 - i am very happy with this book!

finito.jpg

Well worth its grade!...looks better than a 4.5....congrats :applause:

Don_Winslow_15.jpg

The one that I think made me happiest was this Don Winslow 15. I missed out on it on one CLink auction and realized afterwards how much I really wished I had bid higher on it. I was so unhappy about not getting it that I didn't even appreciate the ones I did get in the auction for probably a week after I got them!

There are 2 slabs in 9.2 and this second one showed up a couple auctions later so I made sure I'd get it in that auction. It was my first Japanese war cover and is simply a cover that I feel tells a relatively complex story through the art (determined look on the American's face, the Zero going down, the other one coming after the American, the bullet holes and kills on the side of the plane and the bright yellow background). Wouldn't have meant as much to me if I hadn't missed out on the first auction.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

WOW!!! this thread is chocked full of high rollers!!!!

Nice books guys!

I will gladly post again my fav acquisition for 2007,

a grail of mine I have been hunting down for almost

30 years...

Indgrail.jpg

5565.jpg

:cloud9:

Respect (worship) (worship) (worship)

Props to Brent as well!!