• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why is it so difficult to maintain Focus?

47 posts in this topic

you need to start out with discipline and STICK TO IT no matter what comes down the pike...

there are literally millions of comics to buy, and there is only the limitation of one's budget for spending to buy comics.

Do what I do: Monthly budget, and stick to it.

CAL

Do what I do: Monthly budget, and stick to it.

CAL

Yeah, I think this is generally what has helped keep me focused in my collecting habits. Do I stretch some months a little more than others? Now and then, sure. But sticking to a general budget every month has helped making the decision of whether to buy the ASM I need for the collection versus the Batman I'd like to get for some future project.

Like many others have already stated, the boards make it difficult because there is so much great stuff up for grabs and some of the prices are just too good to pass on sometimes.

My advice to everyone on here is to focus on the books that you like the most......which should never be pre-code horror/crime as those books are all complete rubbish. Don't waste your time, money or energy.

See...there is one less thing for you guys to worry about. Focus narrowed one degree for all of you. You can thank me later. :whistle:

Scott

My advice to everyone on here is to focus on the books that you like the most......which should never be pre-code horror/crime as those books are all complete rubbish. Don't waste your time, money or energy.

See...there is one less thing for you guys to worry about. Focus narrowed one degree for all of you. You can thank me later. :whistle:

Scott

Pre-Code Horror? hm hm hm hm hm There's a thought...:grin: