• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need help with this

7 posts in this topic

Being that this particular page was on EBay 4-5 different times starting about 28 months ago we have some actual market information regarding this issue and this page.. Each time it was listed with a "buy it now" of $100 and no one taking it any of the times, and the last time it listed it sold for less than $50. That was just over 2 years ago when it did sell, so there is some adjustment to be made for time and change of market.

The page itself has only one recognizable character...in partial costume....slapping around a women who is sleep walking...that is probably why so many people passed on this page at such low prices.

It is a Sal Buscema page (a plus), but there's not much else there. Having a page from the early defenders is nice, but I would want alot more content if I am buying a Buscema/Trapani page for any significant dollars.

I don't know if I would pay $100 for it...but I guess taking into account the time period, title and penciller and ignoring the rest someone might ask $150.

C

I agree with Chris...$150 or so would be a solid asking price given the content and characters. Defenders art from this period can be tricky to find, but it's only a solid page. That's just my two cents!

Dan

If the seller can get $150 for this panel page...they've done a heckuva job, even after eBay and PayPal fees.

As has been said, this is not a terrific page for action. (Although, if you're collecting "superhero-slaps-woman" pages, it's a relative rarity.) Not a significant page in the overall history of the Defenders. And even though Buscema work is rising in value, the fan base for Sal is not a big one.

At $75, the page might get some action. MIGHT. Tell your friend to put it back on the 'bay with a $9.99 starting price and take your chances.