• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM FF57

21 posts in this topic

Scans not clear.

Try to make them 600 pixels wide and as close to the 200KB limit as you can.

If you are using photobucket make at least 250KB.

I assume the bottom staple isn't popped...

Looks like an 8.5 but maybe C/OW pages?

Scans are very small, but I'll go with 8.0 from what I can see.

Not so much small as in the pixel size as he's almost at 600 wide but it's only a 65KB file and that's too watered down.

7.0? (shrug)

Man, killer book! The eye appeal is high enough that I think we'd need larger scans to finetune the grade. I'd guess between 8.0 and 9.0 (for picky spine/staple wear, spine a bit toasty?) unless there's a staple pull or something not obvious. And it presents better than that. Nice!

Thanks guys.

I'm still working on the Photobucket/Scanning process. I scanned at 300 dpi, so it looks like I need to look at my Photobucket settings. Can I do that with the free basic version?

Thanks guys.

I'm still working on the Photobucket/Scanning process. I scanned at 300 dpi, so it looks like I need to look at my Photobucket settings. Can I do that with the free basic version?

You have to pick in the upload box how you want photobucket to upload your scans.

The default setting is the worst. It's for a 15 inch screen and shrinks them.

Chose the 1MB file which is the max for the free account.

Thanks guys.

You have to pick in the upload box how you want photobucket to upload your scans.

The default setting is the worst. It's for a 15 inch screen and shrinks them.

Chose the 1MB file which is the max for the free account.

(thumbs u

FF57-1FC-1.jpg

FF57-2BC.jpg

not too sure how the edge tanning on both front and back covers affects the grade.

i'd guess that if the staple stress isn't any worse then just the stress lines (no pulls or looseness), i'd go for an 8.0 based on the otherwise excellent structure.