• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sandman 9.8 ebay insanity

54 posts in this topic

Well, it seems like it's just one person that's driving up those prices - I mean, even on comiclink (which I consider to be totally overpriced for copper comics), you can usually pick up a #1 9.8 for about $400 or so.

No doubt that guy is certifiable. I can tell you that he doesn't invest in comics though. He also knows the three or four Sandman books he picked up today will never be worth what he paid for them. In another few years, there will most likely be 40+ 9.8's on the census for the first few issues bringing the value down further. But I'm sure he had a good reason to pick them up.

I'm sure he did - and I can certainly appreciate the fact that the person in question has excellent taste (I saw his Death: High Cost of Living #1 Platinum Edition SS 9.8 today, and my jaw hit the floor) seeing that it looks like he's not only building a top-registry Sandman set, but also grabbing up those lovely Miracleman 9.8's.

I guess I'm just wishing that the next time a #2 9.8 shows up on ebay, he will hopefully not bid on the auction :wishluck:

No doubt that guy is certifiable. I can tell you that he doesn't invest in comics though. He also knows the three or four Sandman books he picked up today will never be worth what he paid for them. In another few years, there will most likely be 40+ 9.8's on the census for the first few issues bringing the value down further. But I'm sure he had a good reason to pick them up.

lol:applause:

Fair enough! I must admit, the thought of a run of 9.8 Sandman is extremely appealing. Maybe I should check my raw copies next time I'm ready to do a submission. Most of them should be in the NM+ range (I was already grade-obsessive back then)...

Yeah, what a :screwy:

The next thing you know, he'll be buying up all the slabbed copies of X-men #58 that he can find! lol

... (I saw his Death: High Cost of Living #1 Platinum Edition SS 9.8 today, and my jaw hit the floor)...

:o Sounds awesome! Beats the hell out of my raw 9.2 copy :(

How about OA Grails? If you had any Bachalo Death OA that would be the last straw! :grin:

Time for me to include my Sandmans books in my next submission to CGC. I don't have #1 or #2 but if the winner of these auctions is looking for other issues, I might have 12 years worth of Christmas and birthday presents lined up for him :)

High prices for sure. But I rank Sandman as the most important post Watchmen/Dark Knight comic series. A full run in 9.8 would be an extraordinary run of books.

wow that incredible 90 Stuff worth something !!!!! ;)

Technically, it's still 80's stuff! :grin: (February 89)

I collected a few of these off the shelf, and love the series...probably wouldn't mind a nice set...but not at these prices.

Same here, I'd love to attempt it, but I can't with prices like that.....

I'm about half-way through a full graded set, and it's actually not that bad - it takes a while to put together, though, as there are lot of issues with no 9.8's in the census, so you end up submitting a ton of comics yourself. And apart from the first 5 issues, and the #8, when 9.8's do show up on ebay they usually only sell for $50-60.

Time for me to include my Sandmans books in my next submission to CGC. I don't have #1 or #2 but if the winner of these auctions is looking for other issues, I might have 12 years worth of Christmas and birthday presents lined up for him :)

(thumbs u My birthday's next month!

Also, there's a current auction for a 9.8 Sandman #1 where the bidding is now at $700.

(thumbs u My birthday's next month!

Also, there's a current auction for a 9.8 Sandman #1 where the bidding is now at $700.

Damn! I think I've got a 9.6. What're they fetching these days? Under $100, no?

And I'm sure that has nothing to do with the fact that you bid $600 on it (thumbs u

Sure, I placed a bid and was confident I'd win with it but there is always someone who is willing to pay more.

And I'm sure that has nothing to do with the fact that you bid $600 on it (thumbs u

Sure, I placed a bid and was confident I'd win with it but there is always someone who is willing to pay more.

Very true. It's kinda interesting to see, though, how your recent ebay sandman purchases are bringing out the other Sandman 9.8's - I mean, there are now two #1 9.8's on ebay at the same time (and another #2 9.8), and I can't remember the last time that happened.