• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sinister House Of Secret Love and Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love

34 posts in this topic

So if I had the opportunity to purchase a Dark Mansion #1 for about $100. Which looked to be in Very Fine shape, there were no spine breaks and corners were sharp. Should I but it? Is this book really that hard to find?

Yes.

Ironically, the comic art collectors at that time picked up on the early issues with the Neal Adams and the Jeff Jones covers, which is why those issues are much more common than the others, particularly in higher grades.

ECFANMAN

Really!?!? That's exactly the opposite of my experience, with 1-5 of both titles being toughies in high grade. The 20-cent issues and later seem to be much easier to find...

And actually, 4 & 5 might be the toughest issues to find (of Dark Mansion anyway)... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I got very lucky and walked into a store that had just bought a full collection of BA DC horror/mystery books including complete runs (in high grade) of the romance titles. I bought them all. and this was about 4-5 yeras ago before they started to get hot. Pretty lucky timing, huh?

I got very lucky and walked into a store that had just bought a full collection of BA DC horror/mystery books including complete runs (in high grade) of the romance titles. I bought them all. and this was about 4-5 yeras ago before they started to get hot. Pretty lucky timing, huh?
thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I almost passed cause they were a few bucks each, and I had them from the newsstands already and thought they were all "mint." So I was lucky I decided to double up because when I went back and looked, my originals were anything but 9.4s...and I was missing a few too!.

I almost passed cause they were a few bucks each, and I had them from the newsstands already and thought they were all "mint." So I was lucky I decided to double up because when I went back and looked, my originals were anything but 9.4s...and I was missing a few too!.

Good moral there!

Good moral there!

Bah...greggy's been doing that for years. mad.gif

Good moral there!

Greggy's been doing lots of things that normal people would never consider. ooo.gif

Good moral there!

Greggy's been doing lots of things that normal people would never consider. ooo.gif

Case in point....

bighair13.jpg

They are hard to find in High Grade. Beautiful haunting covers. I can never find them at conventions. Anyone have some for sale let me know. gossip.gif

Which issues are we talking about? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You don't have any of the good ones. They're all in my collection! sumo.gif

They are hard to find in High Grade. Beautiful haunting covers. I can never find them at conventions. Anyone have some for sale let me know. gossip.gif

Which issues are we talking about? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You don't have any of the good ones. They're all in my collection! sumo.gif

huge-brass-screw.png

+

You.gif