• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Never-Ending Comic Book Quiz

1,202 posts in this topic

devil's island of space

mystery in space 46

Trying to find the issue somewhere, or it's reprint

in from beyond the unknown 10.

Maybe someone has it handy.

carbon is a naturally occuring by-product :wishluck:

That answer is so close, it's gotta be the ^^

Carbon Dioxide (occurs naturally, and is a by-product of the combustion of vegetable matter) Edit: Don't quote me on the science of this one, but CO2 is a product of the respiration cycle.

mis_4601.jpg

mis_4602.jpg

Edited by Doctor Svord

ok, playtime is over.

What was the secret of the stone faces?

1 Pt reward for it.

7xw9b1k.jpg

Nice-looking cover! I wish I had the issue.

I'll guess standard Silver Age giant stone faces plot B: To scare off an alien invasion.

(Silver Age giant stone faces plot A: They're a race of giants, usually aliens, in suspended animation. I don't think we'd see the faces being carved in that case.)

Jack

20 yrs prior, two explorers were in the Burmese jungle, they had just robbed some individuals of very expensive jewelry. Unfortunately, one of the men was attacked by a wild tiger. Rather, than helping him, his greedy partner left him for dead.

Flash forward 20 yrs later...

20 yrs prior, two explorers were in the Burmese jungle, they had just robbed some individuals of very expensive jewelry. Unfortunately, one of the men was attacked by a wild tiger. Rather, than helping him, his greedy partner left him for dead.

I'll take that to mean "WRONG!!"

Jack

A man pays 20 thousand to a great sculptor to carve a photo of carl thurston's (the individual who was mauled by the tiger) likeness into the mountains (sort of like Rushmore ). Everyone wonders who is depicted on the carved image. So much so, that an individual offers 100 thousand to whomever can identify the individual who's likeness has been sculpted....

So... when the greedy partner turns up to claim the prize, Carl exacts his revenge?

That's the most unlikely revenge scheme I've ever heard lol (if that's it!)

^^

Great Guess!!!! I'd post scans, but I don't want to keep taking it out of its slab.

What a great imagination. You should write for dc. (thumbs u