• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Never-Ending Comic Book Quiz

1,202 posts in this topic

Answers were:

1. The Jackson Twins (official answer), added were Gil Thorpe and Robert Crumb

2 - Poteet Canyon

3 - Grayson

4 - Clark Kent

5 - Moon Mullins

6 - WHIZ = Billy Batson and WGBS-TV = Clark Kent

And I owe a massive apology to Jack, I just read the rules from the first page, thought this was a free-posting quiz thread, and didn't mean to step on his toes! doh!:foryou:

Answers were:

1. The Jackson Twins (official answer), added were Gil Thorpe and Robert Crumb

2 - Poteet Canyon

3 - Grayson

4 - Clark Kent

5 - Moon Mullins

6 - WHIZ = Billy Batson and WGBS-TV = Clark Kent

And I owe a massive apology to Jack, I just read the rules from the first page, thought this was a free-posting quiz thread, and didn't mean to step on his toes! doh!:foryou:

Off-list, we were imagining dear ol' Milford High with R. Crumb lusting after the Jackson Twins (although their bottoms are too small to attract his attention) while being abused by Coach Gil Thorp in gym class.

GAC found this Jackson Twins panel from their toonopedia page.

jacksont.jpg

Although initially I thought that I had never heard of the strip and was racking my brain to remember where I had seen the girls before -- they look like Linda Lee Danvers (Supergirl) after her makeover or a 60s Marvel teen-book character by Stan Goldberg or even a perky Betty Brant -- I slowly realized that I read this strip in the local paper as a kid. The mention that they called their brother "termite" convinced me. Does anyone else remember the strip?

You certainly don't owe me an apology for providing a question on a day when I didn't have time to write one. I hope you stick around for the quizzes.

Jack