• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is that a light color break on a CGC 9.4?

61 posts in this topic

The Metro 9.2 to 9.6 isn't a resub.

Never said it was.

My mistake. When you said people were submitting 9.0s and getting 9.6s I thought you meant they were REsubmitting 9.0s and getting 9.6s. I've never been one to rely on anecdotal evidence, especially when there is empirical evidence to contradict it.

We are discussing standards (old or changing) -----but maybe someone local to CGC might wish to call for notes just to see if it is a crease or not.

Dennis

Actually, Dennis even non local people can call. ;)

lol

Seriously I don't know why people that have an interest in a book don't call CGC before posting here. I guess it would just leave very little to talk about.

R.

We are discussing standards (old or changing) -----but maybe someone local to CGC might wish to call for notes just to see if it is a crease or not.

Dennis

lol

Seriously I don't know why people that have an interest in a book don't call CGC before posting here. I guess it would just leave very little to talk about.

R.

Or they work a full time day job that doesn't afford them the time to try and contact CGC.

Dennis

lol

R.

Or they work a full time day job that doesn't afford them the time to try and contact CGC.

Yet somehow affords them the time to post about it here on a chat board??? hm

Dennis

lol

R.

[/quote

I don't think cgc is open at 10.20 in the evening...

Dennis

lol

R.

After they get off work at 6PM which is 9PM FL time. CGC office is closed.

Dennis

lol

R.

[/quote

I don't think cgc is open at 10.20 in the evening...

(thumbs u

I'm guessing it's a scratch on the CGC holder. There's a slightly larger scan in the Heritage archive, and the white line looks slightly bowed. Also, and I might be imagining this, but the line seems to go beyond the bottom of the cover, into the area where the pages are showing.

I could also be completely full of malarky. T'would not be the first time(or the last!).

T'would :cloud9:

I'm guessing it's a scratch on the CGC holder. There's a slightly larger scan in the Heritage archive, and the white line looks slightly bowed. Also, and I might be imagining this, but the line seems to go beyond the bottom of the cover, into the area where the pages are showing.

I could also be completely full of malarky. T'would not be the first time(or the last!).

Here is a link to when it sold on Heritage, in a relatively unmarked holder. Use the enlargement feature to see it much more clearly.

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=821&Lot_No=41002&src=pr#Photo#

Back cover scan is provided as well.

I like creases, makes books more affordable :)

:gossip: not when the label says 9.4

maybe?... if folks are buying the book, and dissecting it as we are in this thread, surely this book will go cheaper than a 9.4 without a crease? (shrug)

I'm curious if anyone has asked CL if that is indeed a color breaking crease? Sounds like a legitimate question.

I just sent them an email asking if there is a "crease" on the bottom right corner. I'm curious how detailed their answer will be.

I'm curious if anyone has asked CL if that is indeed a color breaking crease? Sounds like a legitimate question.

I just sent them an email asking if there is a "crease" on the bottom right corner. I'm curious how detailed their answer will be.

they may only have the same scan we have, as many consignors ship their books to clink post auction (shrug)

So...it's official...that's a crease, along with a couple of color flake offs on the bottom of the cover and a couple ink marks on the upper right. There's also something on the middle left of the BC.

Called CGC for the graders notes on this book. Aaaaaand the answer is....

:popcorn: :popcorn:

"Small corner bend bottom right front cover"