• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage is out of control....

21 posts in this topic

OMFG!

That's the most "suggestive" cover I've ever seen. The words -erotic and rape spring to mind. And look at the top of Archie's head for God's sake! This should have been in Wertham's book!

Oh, and yeah, Heritage has to stop with that contrasting [!@#%^&^].

Oh come on! Don't be naive. They mess with the contrast on their books GREATLY to make them look "better" all the time. Just check the database. Sure, this one is extreme, but I seriously doubt it's a "mistake".

You called that just about right on the nose!! The brightness, contrast, and intensity are all bumped up somewhere between +25 to +35 points. Good eyes!! Great call!!

Most of Heritage's photo/scan/software are up somewhere between +15 to +20 on all settings, but this one is the champ!! sumo.gif

Never mind Heritage being "out of control"...it's getting khaotic around here... insane.gif

Sure, Khaos is unleashed every once in a while, but remember this - Mean is a relative term only when compared to Nice... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Actually, this example does fall into the "mistake" category, IMO, because it's sooo bright that the book looks washed out / faded. I've no doubt that this Archie #21 looks better in person than this white-washed image suggests.

How long before someone returns a book because the cover isn't as vibrant and bright as advertised?

I must admit. Some of the covers on their auction offerings look beguiling!

Wouldn't it have been something if Flash 144 actually was printed in this bright shade of "Day-Glo" turquoise?

Heritage Flash 144

Here's the more commonly seen, "boring", non-Heritage "pedigree" Flash 144:

Standard/Boring Flash 144