• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about Commissioner Gordon....

13 posts in this topic

I was looking through a few books tonight and started wondering when Gordon's first apperance in the Batman title was. I realize that his 1st apperance in comics was in Detective Comics #27...but when did he make an apperance in Batman? Is it Batman #1? If it is Batman #1, why isn't it specified in Overstreet?

Just a question...thanks in advance for responses...

Bruce

I was looking through a few books tonight and started wondering when Gordon's first apperance in the Batman title was. I realize that his 1st apperance in comics was in Detective Comics #27...but when did he make an apperance in Batman? Is it Batman #1? If it is Batman #1, why isn't it specified in Overstreet?

Just a question...thanks in advance for responses...

Bruce

OS likes to torment people :shruG:

Commissioner Gordon appears in the last Batman story in Batman #1. "The Joker Returns"

Thanks sckao...I still wonder why Overstreet didn't specify that? Oh, well. thanks again!

I'm not sure why they would really... They were publicizing Detective Comics #40 in Batman #1 when Batman #1 came out. Considering that Batman appeared in DC #27... Commissioner Gordon was well known by then I'd hazard.

Don't they designate Joker's first appearance in Detective Comics #45?

It's kind of confusing if you REALLY look at it...Joker's 3rd apperance was in Batman #4, and then his 4th apperance was in Detective comics...and Overstreet specifies this.

It also goes on to say that Batman #42 (for example) has a Catwoman cover, and is the 1st in Batman....so I just assumed that they would tell all of the "major" 1st apperances in Batman....but it seems that Detective Comics and Batman kind of "shared" the first apperances...and that Overstreet felt that it was important to tell some of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and even 4th apperances of some major characters in Batman...and Detective comics...but not all.

To be honest, I was looking to buy a somewhat cheaper...early apperance of a "semi-major or major" character.

I can't afford Bats #1 or Detective #27.