• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I need help authenticating a Church(?) copy

22 posts in this topic

Weird... bring the book up to Dallas for the DCC next weekend and let Richard (MrBedrock) take a look at it. He has first hand knowledge of the Church books as well.

Actually, I had it at this last one. He saw it. He sniffed it...

Try Ron Pussell. His nose, although much smaller than Bedrock's, is much more tuned into the smell of Church books.

So what do Church books smell like.....................chicken?! (shrug)

A bit like a newly opened box of crayons.

This made me pull one (a coded one with rock-solid provenance) for a sniffin'. That's a very accurate description. I'd heard "baby powder" before, but never quite got that. But "box of crayons..." Wow, that's dead-on.

Weird... bring the book up to Dallas for the DCC next weekend and let Richard (MrBedrock) take a look at it. He has first hand knowledge of the Church books as well.

Actually, I had it at this last one. He saw it. He sniffed it...

Try Ron Pussell. His nose, although much smaller than Bedrock's, is much more tuned into the smell of Church books.

So what do Church books smell like.....................chicken?! (shrug)

A bit like a newly opened box of crayons.

This made me pull one (a coded one with rock-solid provenance) for a sniffin'. That's a very accurate description. I'd heard "baby powder" before, but never quite got that. But "box of crayons..." Wow, that's dead-on.

Comics and crayons! Hard to beat the wave of nostalgia those two bring on! :cloud9: