• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM 9 & 33

11 posts in this topic

The ASM 9 comes from MacMan's LCS (Thx. Forrest).

ASM9-1.jpg

ASM9-2.jpg

How much does the chipping affect the grade on the 33?

ASM33-1.jpg

ASM33-2.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I wonder who got himself a new scanner for Christmas? hm

Any chance you can bring the scan size down a bit? A little tough on my measley 15" screen. Then again, if you provide a scan the size I usually do, Divad's going to yell at you. :sorry:

I wonder who got himself a new scanner for Christmas? hm

Any chance you can bring the scan size down a bit? A little tough on my measley 15" screen. Then again, if you provide a scan the size I usually do, Divad's going to yell at you. :sorry:

(thumbs u I'll reload the scans to photobucket! Yep, I got a scanner for Christmas. See test thread for scans of all my Ditkos to date.

9 4.5-

33 5.5-

Yup, 4.5 & 5.5 respectively. My understanding is that because Marvel Chipping is a production-related defect, it doesn't get hammered on as hard. Hell, the OS GG has a comic brutalized by MC coming at the 5.0/5.5 range so... I don't think I'd go any lower than 5.0 on the 33 if I was you.

I don't get it... I come up with the same grades on these as Aces, and yet I'm getting demolished by him in Nik's contest? :shrug: Oh well.

9 4.5-

33 5.5-

Yup, 4.5 & 5.5 respectively. My understanding is that because Marvel Chipping is a production-related defect, it doesn't get hammered on as hard. Hell, the OS GG has a comic brutalized by MC coming at the 5.0/5.5 range so... I don't think I'd go any lower than 5.0 on the 33 if I was you.

I don't get it... I come up with the same grades on these as Aces, and yet I'm getting demolished by him in Nik's contest? :shrug: Oh well.

Experience over the years with both Niks books/scans/bumps and getting more and more of my books graded and seeing the results.

Seeing opens the eyes... :eek:

I'd guess 4.5 on both.

Not sure about the #33, as I never know the Marvel chipping "rules" either, but it seems like a lot of paper missing for a 5.5?

Both are sweet-looking examples of their grades. Congrats, John!

Experience over the years with both Niks books/scans/bumps and getting more and more of my books graded and seeing the results.

Oh... I thought you were just fraternizing with the management! lol

Oh... I thought you were just fraternizing with the management! lol

When I first came here in 2003 I was a super strict grader.

Everything I did was undergraded. I'd say 9.2 and the grade would be 9.6 and I was like... WTH???????

And my GVG was more like VG+ and my VG+ was more like Fine.

lol

I had to loosen up. :kidaround: