• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alabama Comic Weekend 1/5 & 1/6

11 posts in this topic

Is it worth the time to drive 4 hours?

Jim

Sorry didn't see this in time, but answer would have been "No". However a nice OO collection turned up in Birmingham, so depending on what you were looking for it could have been a "Maybe"

Jim

Sorry didn't see this in time, but answer would have been "No". However a nice OO collection turned up in Birmingham, so depending on what you were looking for it could have been a "Maybe"

Who got the books?

Jim

Who got the books?

Nobody, guy was selling them himself. He sold a few during the show but 1/2 of it was gold key stuff which I know nothing about so its hard for me to value. But from what I heard even the Gold Key books had value as there were a lot of photo cover tv stuff with #1's etc.....

For example what would a Man from UNCLE #1 sell for in about 8.0/8.5 shape? Would it get 50% of guide? More? Less? (shrug)

HMMM - that may be a guy from GA that contacted me a few weeks back

He wanted to set up in Charlotte but we were sold out and asked about Wes show in Atlanta and I told him it was always sold out.

Guess he decided to get a table in Birmingham

What was the guy's name?

Concerning Gold Keys - I would imagine unless slabbed you're talking 40-60% off to move them - and probably even more.

Magnus, Solar and Turok would probably do ok. I always sell Man From Uncles at 50% - Same with the Green Hornets