• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How would you package 30 slabs for shipping, and how would you ship them?

11 posts in this topic

It really depends on where your shipping them to - but assuming cross country within US - Probably UPS. Box them about three to five in small boxes, then place them in bigger boxes - bubble wrap all around several layers in the interiors of the boxes. Maybe two big boxes to ship.

CW and Jespersen have both sent me 10-15 in a box that came straight from CGC, with extra reinforcement and padding. Both are great guys and can probably give you more info. If you did 2-3 boxes like they have done and send it UPS you will be set!!

--S.

Anyone know where I can get the boxes seanh mentioned, or are they only sent out by CGC when shipping a big shipment(like I'm doing)?

I would ship them usps registered mail.They keep them under lock and the insurance is much cheaper.That way you could send them in one or 2 boxes.

The Container Store next to Best Buy on Bear/Costa Mesa...

Or if you want, I have a couple of CGC boxes I've saved and can mail them to you but I can't mail them until Monday...If you want, PM me your address and I'll mail them to you.

Tom

Title says it all. I need to ship 30 slabs to a consignment site. First, how would you package that many slabs? Second, how would you ship them? USPS priority? hm

I would go to either UPS or FedEx and get thier pad-pack (bubble-mailers) which are free. I would then place 3-4 slabs in a pad pack, maybe use cardboard on the first and last slab, and put them in the box that way. Some packing peanuts and maybe extra bubble wrap and you are set.

Also, someone mentioned Registered Mail which is a wonderful option as the insurance is sooooo much cheaper as there is almost zero chance of it getting lost/damaged as it is signed for everywhere.

You could buy one of the big packing boxes from Staples that should do the trick.

UPS is by FAR the cheapest method based on weight...

I shipped 10 books or more easily with tons of packing material through UPS for like $14 or something ridiculous.

USPS you would pay a ton for 30 slabs...

I prefer to use CGC's boxes, as they really do protect well provided you bubble wrap to make sure the books don't move. I believe they can get in contact with you with their supplier...it's obviously a "custom" job.

Other than that...big boxes, lots of bubble wrap and peanuts will be in order. I wouldn't ship more than 15 or so per box with that method.

UPS is by FAR the cheapest method based on weight...

I shipped 10 books or more easily with tons of packing material through UPS for like $14 or something ridiculous.

USPS you would pay a ton for 30 slabs...

I always do a cost comparison. Depending on where the buyer lives, the rates between UPS and USPS can vary greatly, as you indicated.