• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone desperately awaiting the next Heritage Signature Auction?

29 posts in this topic

If Josh were to place larger scans up on auction, that would really catapult Clink in my eyes.

Not to mention the back covers!

CL might be getting higher bids because they don't post back cover scans. Defects out of sight are out of mind.

That's why I called about a book I was interested in. They had the book in hand and described the defects to me. Also got the serial number so I could call for grader's notes.

If they left, it would trully be a sad day in comics IMO. Some of my most prized comics have come from Heritatage, and their last Signature auction was superb. , However, I agree, the fees they charge sellers is extreme. They cut the price they are charging sellers by half, and I think people would be much more inclined to sell in their auctions. I know I would.

I love the fact that Heritage keeps an archive, and they offer large scans of the front and back covers of most expensive books. Being able to view large scans is a big plus when purchasing books over $1K.

I agree. I gripe about Heritage but I do have to acknowledge their archive and large scans. Both are useful.

I asked josh about this, this past summer...I believe it was more a manpower issue and server space, than them "not" wanting to offer....that said, they have increased their staff, and server space is cheap, so maybe 2008 will usher in a new format?

I hope a new format is coming. Comicconnect allows large scans of the front and back covers, on their server. When compared to Heritage and Comicconnect, Clink is the least user friendly at this point. Their upcoming auction for the first quarter of this year still looks the best though.

I threw in some lowball bids for todays auction on several things but I've already been outbid on all of them.

Seems that many books break GPA records every time they are sold... even somewhat common books.

My experience has been somewhat different of late, however it does vary based upon the book. I have seen books that I thought would sell for guide sell for double guide, but I have also seen books that I really like, even books that are on top of the census, sell for below guide price. It really does seem like the market is in flux. This, of course, keeps collecting interesting, and reflects that anything can happen on a given day.

Just my observations with respect to books I have been tracking on ebay, Heritage and Clink.

If Josh were to place larger scans up on auction, that would really catapult Clink in my eyes.

Not to mention the back covers!

CL might be getting higher bids because they don't post back cover scans. Defects out of sight are out of mind.

Further to this same point. The lack of any sales auction archive by CL makes it more seller friendly and probably also helps to keep their prices up. hm

Or you can do what I do and just reference Heritage's archives, or GPA for past sale references (shrug)

Too many books going through (or possibly laundered?) through CL to constantly have to check on other dealer's auction archives in order to conduct due diligence on a book.

That's just like saying that CL does not need to improve on their scan images or need not even bother having any scans because we can simply search for them from other dealer websites if we call them up for the ID number.

Alas, I find that most books I have interest in originated from Heritage. Therefore, I usually have a general idea on what the book went for and what the book looks like. However, I do understand your point. I certainly don't disagree, and I certainly wouldn't be upset if Clink created an auction archive too.

I have noticed a lot of low and mid grade books being purchased on Clink, only to have them show up at 3x the price on eBay or even back up on Clink. An archive certainly would disuade people from grabbing cheap books for a profit.

A back cover scan would be the first things I would love Clink to include, followed by larger scans and then an archive.