• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

to resubmit or not to resubmit,your thoughts.

20 posts in this topic

I wanted to ask a question.I heard that the older CGC submissions were graded differently than they are today.? This Green Lantern #76 was graded a vf 8.0,but always thought it garnered a higher grade,maybe 8.5/9.0.I wanted to ask everyone here should I resubmit this book or is it truely an 8.0 book?

the scratches are on the holder and not the book.

Scan10095.jpg

Scan10096.jpg

Scan10097.jpg

Very cool comic! (thumbs u

First off, have you got the grader's notes? If not, that's your first step. There may be issues with the book you are unaware of. A tear or stain on an interior page for example.

EDIT: Grading from a slab scan is next to impossible, but I'd say that looks believable for an 8.0

It's very hard to tell from the scan of a slab. That said, I don't see anything in the scan to make me think it's going to garner a higher grade. That ULC of the FC looks particularly rough. It's a very nice book! Enjoy it as-is.

Wow...I don't collect these and I'm not real familiar with that cover but that's a beautiful cover...I think it could possibly get an 8.5 but it's definitely borderline and not worth it...do as nik suggests, he's one of the Grading Gods around here! (thumbs u

If nothing else....you'd most likely get a PQ 'bump'.

im not shooting the messenger, but why does everyone think you get the PQ bump?

I know its anecdotal but ive sent in 2 books and both came back the same.

:shrug:

I've yet to resub an old blue label book that didn't come back with a PQ upgrade. (shrug)

That comic will not get higher then an 8.0, especially with Cream to Off-White pages for the age. The blunted spine corners and the color breaking spine ticks and the mark on the upper back cover spine will keep it from going higher then Very Fine. Very risky to chance a grade bump on this copy.

If nothing else....you'd most likely get a PQ 'bump'.

im not shooting the messenger, but why does everyone think you get the PQ bump?

I know its anecdotal but ive sent in 2 books and both came back the same.

:shrug:

I've yet to resub an old blue label book that didn't come back with a PQ upgrade. (shrug)

maybe I need to send em to you if I wanna have the PQ bumped up :grin:

That comic will not get higher then an 8.0, especially with Cream to Off-White pages for the age. The blunted spine corners and the color breaking spine ticks and the mark on the upper back cover spine will keep it from going higher then Very Fine. Very risky to chance a grade bump on this copy.

I dont think the C-OW page designation has anything to do with the book grading out at 8.0

Lemme ask you this, do you think the book would have graded higher if the book had white pages?

I dont think the C-OW page designation has anything to do with the book grading out at 8.0

Lemme ask you this, do you think the book would have graded higher if the book had white pages?

In my own opinion, yes. No big deal. I myself don't submit comics that have that page quality. It's ok to not be of the same opinion. :gossip:

In my own opinion, yes. No big deal. I myself don't submit comics that have that page quality. It's ok to not be of the same opinion. :gossip:

:foryou: hope my post didnt come off snarky.

Unless the book has tanning which causes the PQ to be C-OW, then it wont affect the grade of the book. Just like if the book is an 8.0, having white pages wont make it an 8.5 either.