• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - X-Men #9

13 posts in this topic

I'd go SOLID 5.0...perhaps 5.5...nice one...

My copy is in about the same condition...been wanting to get this one in 8.0+/HG for years...

bought a "CGC 8.0" a couple of years ago for $200 on eBay...thought I had really scored...got the book and it was taken out of the slab and had the CGC 8.0 blue label along with it...problem was, it wasn't the same book...it was a 4.0 at best, probably 3.5 riddled with transverse spine wear and creases galore...

contacted the seller who was fairly newbie and demanded a refund...he initially took the position of "no way" and said he had "talked to eBay and they said he had a defendable sale and didn't need to agree to a refund..."

I basically threatened to make him rue the day he ever decided to scam me and turned up the heat a bit with legal and law enforcement threats and he finally relinquished and gave me a full refund...

More reasons I avoid E-Bay.

It's one of my few "bad" transactions, though...probably can't count myself lucky as I can count the bad ones on one hand over 1000+ transactions...to a certain degree I believe you can at least engineer your luck...