• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: Y: The Last Man, Pia Guerra

23 posts in this topic

Just wait a bit until the series is over and Pia puts some up for sale. It's coming. So bookmark her blog and check in every couple/few days. Till then, go through the series like a catalog and pick out the pages you want to buy so when they go on sale, you have your list, and you can pounce on them!

From her FAQ:

Will you be selling any pages from Y?

Yes. Just not right now. It's a bit time consuming to set up sales but when I do have the time (and maybe an assistant to help me code it all) , there will be plenty of notice for everyone.

'Til then, go through the series like a catalog and pick out the pages you want to buy so when they go on sale, you have your list, and you can pounce on them!

(thumbs u

and to hold you over, here is a Y sketch featuring that lovable Ampersand and an even more loving T.C. :roflmao:

(I think she was VERY happy to complete this and get me away from her. Kind of creeped her out I think (shrug) )

50671-tc-pia_guerra.jpg.82e92e08310ae97eb7726ddc32b21f92.jpg

'Til then, go through the series like a catalog and pick out the pages you want to buy so when they go on sale, you have your list, and you can pounce on them!

(thumbs u

and to hold you over, here is a Y sketch featuring that lovable Ampersand and an even more loving T.C. :roflmao:

(I think she was VERY happy to complete this and get me away from her. Kind of creeped her out I think (shrug) )

And some collectors wonder why artists look at us funny ... ;)

Are you looking for a page with ALL the main characters or any combination of them?

Pia was actually selling her Y pages at WonderCon this year. They were not cheap; as I recall, all pages, no matter how plain, were $100 minimum. Still, when you consider con sketches are $100 a pop these days, a published page for that same amount doesn't seem so bad!

You should also try the inker, Jose Marzan. He has a few pages here:

http://www.josemarzan.com/servlet/the-DC-Comics-Art/searchpath/11903/start/81/total/87/Categories

Nice to see more fans of this great series. Can't wait for the next issue.

Yeah, looking for one with all the main characters if I can. Well, Yorick and Amp +355 or Dr. Mann at the very least. And I'm willing to shell out more than $100 since I've been saving up.

Yeah, looking for one with all the main characters if I can. Well, Yorick and Amp +355 or Dr. Mann at the very least. And I'm willing to shell out more than $100 since I've been saving up.

Sorry you weren't looking last year. I sold off a bunch of really nice interiors (cheaply, too). Glad I kept this one, though:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Page=1&Order=Date&Piece=199891&GSub=21132&GCat=0&UCat=0

:cloud9: (Thanks again, Jonathan!)

Nice! You own that one! I was looking at the other day. I just started looking for a Y page back in September. JesusJon had one for sale, and I was about to buy it and my car got messed up.

So the hunt continues. I can wait, it is pretty much the only OA I'm looking for right now. I just don't want one by Goran Suduka or whatever. Didn't care for his stuff.

I figured Jose was picked over (since I did some picking myself) but he held onto some pricer pages he wasn't letting go of (like the page after yours, Felix), so yeah, give him a shot too. But Pia should have a lot more since she got 2/3rds of every book she did. (and Marzan inked the fill in artists so that makes up some of his pages too)

Great series -- looking forward to the conclusion.

I figured Jose was picked over (since I did some picking myself) but he held onto some pricer pages he wasn't letting go of (like the page after yours, Felix), so yeah, give him a shot too. But Pia should have a lot more since she got 2/3rds of every book she did. (and Marzan inked the fill in artists so that makes up some of his pages too)

Great series -- looking forward to the conclusion.

The page after mine is a full-page splash...of an overhead view of a Y intersection. By itself, not that exciting to me. Splash pages, just by virtue of being splash pages, aren't necessarily better than panel pages. It depends on the content! Although, it would be pretty sweet paired with my page... hm

Now, for a killer splash page, check out the title splash to issue #1. Wonder where that one is? :grin: