• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Ironman Annual # 1 9.8 signed by jeff bridges for sale

129 posts in this topic

I thought I would post this. I just got the grade today. I don't even have it back.

It is Ironman: Director of shield # 1 annual CGC SS 9.8

I got it signed By Jeff Bridges about a month ago at a movie Premier. The signature is nice and clean with no smudges. He signed it with a brand new silver sharpie which I brought. He was very nice but He only signed about 15 items for various people and then he had to go. There are only 2 Signature series books signed by jeff bridges. The other one is a 9.4 copy of tron.

I thought I would do it on an offer system.

But Guys Don't offer anything below 100 dollars because I won't accept.

Kris

Apparently nobody understands the difficulty of getting a Jeff Bridges autograph in person.

This wasn't a conventions signing or appearance. This was at a movie opening. He didn't just sit down and sign for people. he only signed for a few and they Had to have their items ready with markers.

I'm curious as to how you prepared the comic so as to get his signature and still keep it a 9.8. I would have thought the crowds would have made it impossible.

I had tickets to the premier. Know some guys who are very helpful. I Asked for approval for the event. I was given approval for the event. I did not advertise that i was going to the event or take submissions. I knew it would be hard to obtain more than 2 or 3 autographs from a major hollywood star like jeff bridges.

As for protecting the book during the signing I have special bags and holders I use for situations like this one. Mr. bridges was also gentle with the items he signed.

This thread wasn't meant as a thread to question my skills or ability to obtain approval for such rare oppurtunities. It was intended to be a sell thread.

I am sure that this interest somebody on the boards. Perhaps an ironman fan or a jeff bridges fan, perhaps both.

I'm going to say this clearly: if an autographed book has been given Signature Series status then it was approved before it was signed. End of story.

I can definitely understand a legitimate question like, "How did you manage to get Jeff Bridge's autograph?" but something like "was this SS approved?" is redundant because THE BOOK HAS RECEIVED SS STATUS.

I'm going to say this clearly: if an autographed book has been given Signature Series status then it was approved before it was signed. End of story.

I can definitely understand a legitimate question like, "How did you manage to get Jeff Bridge's autograph?" but something like "was this SS approved?" is redundant because THE BOOK HAS RECEIVED SS STATUS.

Not my interntion to Disparage the SS program.. Far from it.

I allways thougth that Sig series events had to be be anounced publically to all prior to them happening. It didnt event accour to me that in certain circumstances it would be different set of rules.

I guess i still have a lot to learn and coulD have phrased it better.

DID NOT MEAN TO CAST ASPERSIONS... SORRY TO ALL

As for protecting the book during the signing I have special bags and holders I use for situations like this one. Mr. bridges was also gentle with the items he signed.

This thread wasn't meant as a thread to question my skills or ability to obtain approval for such rare oppurtunities. It was intended to be a sell thread.

I certainly wasn't trying to question your skills, just how you pulled it off. My LCS can't take a comic from a box and put it on the shelf without crinkling it somewhere. I thought it was a nice feat.

Except this question has been asked repeatedly here on this message board, by yourself and by others every time a book from a private signing or a public non-CGC show signing surfaces (such as Sal Buscema, Mike Zeck, etc.) that wasn't announced in advance on these message boards. In each case the answer has always been that the Witness requested and obtained permission to obtain the autographs.

Witnesses need to get permission from CGC first and follow the SS Witness rules on non-CGC shows and public or private signings. They don't need to open these up for submissions in advance. Often they can't as they are doing what Kris did - attending events where they can't guarantee they can get the books they already have done.

Except this question has been asked repeatedly here on this message board, by yourself and by others every time a book from a private signing or a public non-CGC show signing surfaces (such as Sal Buscema, Mike Zeck, etc.) that wasn't announced in advance on these message boards. In each case the answer has always been that the Witness requested and obtained permission to obtain the autographs.

Witnesses need to get permission from CGC first and follow the SS Witness rules on non-CGC shows and public or private signings. They don't need to open these up for submissions in advance. Often they can't as they are doing what Kris did - attending events where they can't guarantee they can get the books they already have done.

Kevin, I think you're being a little too defensive on this. As I've said in the past, it's no wonder that people have questions about SS things from time to time. I consider it one of the most secretive of the CGC services. Obviously if it is SS by CGC, it's met the criteria. Problem is, not everyone in aware of the criteria. I'm not sure how the questioning warranted such a strong reaction by you or the collector. I didn't read any of it to cast doubt on anyone's credibility, just curious about the process.

Kevin, I think you're being a little too defensive on this. As I've said in the past, it's no wonder that people have questions about SS things from time to time. I consider it one of the most secretive of the CGC services. Obviously if it is SS by CGC, it's met the criteria. Problem is, not everyone in aware of the criteria. I'm not sure how the questioning warranted such a strong reaction by you or the collector. I didn't read any of it to cast doubt on anyone's credibility, just curious about the process.

I'm curious as to your background in comics?

I'm sorry that you feel that I'm being defensive, I was reacting to a pattern shown by specific individuals to question SS books brought forward by Witnesses in threads on this message board. What I'm saying is - Ares, an active participant in these forums and discussions should already know that if a book not signed at a con has received a Signature Series label that it was requested and approved by the Witness. He's since clarified his confusion and I've subsequently re-clarified that all requests are submitted in writing by the Witness and approval must be obtained.

I might agree with the assertion that SS is probably one of the most difficult to define price-wise, but secretive? Do we not answer every question about it that has been asked about SS? That's one of the main reasons for why this specific message board exists in the first place. If there is something that we haven't defined well enough for you, please ask and we'll do our best to help you uncover the secretive aspects of Signature Series.