• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Ironman Annual # 1 9.8 signed by jeff bridges for sale

129 posts in this topic

Not that it has anything to do with what I stated or any of my statements on SS, but here goes. I've collected on and off (mostly on) for the last 25 years. I've bought the occasional collection. I bought and sold on Ebay and here, bought from old catalog auctions and set up a dealer table at a local show a couple of times. I'm not as good at detecting resto as many others are. My knowledge of comic history is probably at an intermediate level. I believe in disclosure and I don't believe pressing is resto. My main collecting focus at the moment is Daredevil, Xmen, SA/GA Barks and photo cover Westerns. I am an alum of the U. of Southern Mississippi and therefore, I enjoy beating the ECU pirates. :devil:

Hope that answers your question. May I ask, so I don't have to search, for a similarly styled exposition on your background?

Not that it has anything to do with what I stated or any of my statements on SS, but here goes. I've collected on and off (mostly on) for the last 25 years. I've bought the occasional collection. I bought and sold on Ebay and here, bought from old catalog auctions and set up a dealer table at a local show a couple of times. I'm not as good at detecting resto as many others are. My knowledge of comic history is probably at an intermediate level. I believe in disclosure and I don't believe pressing is resto. My main collecting focus at the moment is Daredevil, Xmen, SA/GA Barks and photo cover Westerns. I am an alum of the U. of Southern Mississippi and therefore, I enjoy beating the ECU pirates. :devil:

Hope that answers your question. May I ask, so I don't have to search, for a similarly styled exposition on your background?

I'm curious as to your background in comics?

(shrug) Why don't you tell me what it is you want to know? Are you insinuating that I need to be a dealer or a creator of comics to hold valid discussions re: SS books?

(shrug) Why don't you tell me what it is you want to know? Are you insinuating that I need to be a dealer or a creator of comics to hold valid discussions re: SS books?

I thought I would post this. I just got the grade today. I don't even have it back.

It is Ironman: Director of shield # 1 annual CGC SS 9.8

I got it signed By Jeff Bridges about a month ago at a movie Premier. The signature is nice and clean with no smudges. He signed it with a brand new silver sharpie which I brought. He was very nice but He only signed about 15 items for various people and then he had to go. There are only 2 Signature series books signed by jeff bridges. The other one is a 9.4 copy of tron.

I thought I would do it on an offer system.

But Guys Don't offer anything below 100 dollars because I won't accept.

Kris

Offer sent for Tron.

I'm sorry that you feel that I'm being defensive, I was reacting to a pattern shown by specific individuals to question SS books brought forward by Witnesses in threads on this message board. What I'm saying is - Ares, an active participant in these forums and discussions should already know that if a book not signed at a con has received a Signature Series label that it was requested and approved by the Witness. He's since clarified his confusion and I've subsequently re-clarified that all requests are submitted in writing by the Witness and approval must be obtained.

I might agree with the assertion that SS is probably one of the most difficult to define price-wise, but secretive? Do we not answer every question about it that has been asked about SS? That's one of the main reasons for why this specific message board exists in the first place. If there is something that we haven't defined well enough for you, please ask and we'll do our best to help you uncover the secretive aspects of Signature Series.

Kevin:

I don't think you can honestly say that the SS isn't the least clear of the services offered by CGC. Does that mean that someone couldn't find out all they need to know from searching past threads, reading the CGC page and PM'g you or other witnesses? No. I'm sure they probably could. But as you mentioned, there is no discussion of pricing on the website and it all depends on the witness as to the particular event. The site itself is somewhat inconsistent. First, the site says that the books is "immediately submitted to CGC" after signing. My understanding, and you can correct me if I'm wrong, is that witnesses can hold books to get more than 1 signature even if there is a separation in time between signings. Further, the site says that most signings are prearranged. If it says most, that implies not all. Does it really mean all are prearranged but the signing may not be open to outside submissions? Can you see that I'm right that there are at least some things that are not clear? Especially to people who may not haunt this forum and search extensively or have personal contact with you before asking a question?

What's your background? :baiting:
Am I the only person that has no idea how my response did not answer Pirate's question? :screwy:

it's aggravating to get the same question asked over and over isn't it? meh

What's your background? :baiting:
Am I the only person that has no idea how my response did not answer Pirate's question? :screwy:

it's aggravating to get the same question asked over and over isn't it? meh

It's a problem inherent with the SS process. Waaaahhhhhh.

then don't participate in it, easy enough solution.
One could make the same argument to the witnesses who get defensive when people ask questions.

You said yourself earlier you don't know how else you could answer the same question I was asking.
Difference is, I'm not acting as a de facto CGC rep in an area that a # of people have questions on. I'm not selling a service to people. Don't you think CGC main grading gets tired of answering the same questions all the time? You don't see Steve posting here responding in a like manner. And they do answer most every question about regular submission on the website. This is just an inherent side effect of not having all the information in a format that people can access without interacting with people (witnesses).

And I haven't mentioned it before now, but I did think it was a little funny that the OP seemed to get peturbed that people didn't understand how rare this item was a whole 90 minutes after he posted.

Kevin:

I don't think you can honestly say that the SS isn't the least clear of the services offered by CGC. Does that mean that someone couldn't find out all they need to know from searching past threads, reading the CGC page and PM'g you or other witnesses? No. I'm sure they probably could.

You said "most secretive", then you revised that to "least clear" and I offered to help make it clearer for you.

The most basic information available is that if you give a book to CGC at a show or to an approved SS Witness to get the signature (or arrange for them to go with you to see the creator at a show) then your books will be submitted for Signature Series. Here's the link to the website page, with the same information made available on flyers we hand out at the shows:

http://www.cgccomics.com/grading/SignatureSeries.asp

Every year, hundreds of thousands of comic books and graphic novels are taken by fans to comic book and popular culture conventions around the world. They also tote their books to comic book stores and varied public events with just one goal in mind — to have their comics signed by their favorite creators.

Getting comic books signed by creators has been a part of our hobby since early fandom. But signature authentication is a tricky venture. Photographs and videotapes are fine methods, but are not foolproof. Certificates of Authenticity (COA), although accepted in our hobby, are definitely not foolproof either.

There have always been concerns surrounding signature authentication and verification. Now there is a solution!

Collectors can have their comic books and comic magazines signed by their favorite creators in the presence of an exclusive CGC authorized witness. These comics can then be authenticated, graded and certified by CGC under the prestigious CGC Signature Series label.

The prestigious CGC Signature Series label (yellow) is applied to comic books that have been signed by someone of significance to the comic, under the direct observation of a CGC employee or select CGC authorized witness. The signatures are then authenticated by CGC with the labels indicating who signed the book, the date it was signed, and in some cases the location of where it was signed.

After the comic book or comic magazine is signed in the presence of a CGC employee or CGC authorized witness, the book is immediately submitted to CGC for grading and encapsulation in CGC's patented, tamper-evident holder, to become a treasured part of your collection. When buying and selling comic books, the prestigious CGC Signature Series is the hobby's only 100% Authenticated Signature!

Frequently Asked Questions About CGC Signature Series

What if I get the book signed before submitting the book to CGC?

Unfortunately, if the signing is not witnessed by someone authorized by CGC, then the signature cannot be authenticated for the Signature Series label. Testimonials, photographs, and video recordings are not accepted.

What information goes on the label?

The name of the person(s) who signed the comic, the date it was signed, and in some cases the location, such as the name of the convention or store.

Are restored comic books eligible for Signature Series?

Yes. Restored comic books are eligible for the CGC Signature Series Restored label, which is yellow with a purple bar across the top. The degree of restoration and details of the work performed are noted on the label. As with all CGC Signature Series books, the signing must be witnessed by a CGC authorized representative.

What signings are approved for Signature Series?

Most signings are prearranged. Any signing where a CGC witness is in attendance is eligible. This includes comic book conventions and public signings, such as ones at comic book stores.

How can I set up my own Signature Series signing?

If you are already a CGC Member Dealer, it may be easier then you think! Call CGC Customer Service at 1-877-NM-COMIC to find out today.

How do I get my book signed if I am not going to a convention?

CGC can set you up with a CGC-approved witness! Call CGC Customer Service at 1-877-NM-COMIC to find out today.

Okay, now that's out of the way...

But as you mentioned, there is no discussion of pricing on the website and it all depends on the witness as to the particular event.

From what I understand, prices are not quoted because they want people to inquire because not every request is the same. Yes, there are basic prices at shows and they are quoted here often.

The site itself is somewhat inconsistent. First, the site says that the books is "immediately submitted to CGC" after signing. My understanding, and you can correct me if I'm wrong, is that witnesses can hold books to get more than 1 signature even if there is a separation in time between signings.

Thanks for bringing that up. We allow Witnesses to hold books for short durations between signings. CGC does not hold books between signings and we don't advertise this. If someone inquired I would refer them to an SS Witness.

Further, the site says that most signings are prearranged. If it says most, that implies not all. Does it really mean all are prearranged but the signing may not be open to outside submissions?

What we are saying is that events are approved in advance. If CGC is setting up, the event is open for Signature Series. If CGC is not there, the Witnesses have to prearrange with CGC for approval - but that doesn't mean they are accepting submissions. If you wanted a signature done at a show CGC isn't attending, customer service might refer you to a Witness who has requested and received approval for the event. The Witness can also advertise if they are accepting subs on this message board.

At conventions, most signings are prearranged between the customer and the Witness --- but most signings are not prearranged between the Witness and the creators. You come to the table and we make arrangements to do your books for you. Or you make arrangements for us to come with you at a specific time. Or you make arrangements to give your books to a Witness. Occasionally we'll get a "I need a Witness asap!" scenario and we just go and worry about the paperwork after the fact.

All private signings are prearranged between the Witness and the creator. Witnesses are not obliged to take submissions for these private signings.

Other public signings are preapproved between the Witness and CGC, however, in many cases the Witness has not made prearrangements with the creator. They are going to the event in the hope of obtaining autographs. Witnesses are not obliged to take submissions for these events.

The website says if you want to arrange for a signing, contact CGC.

Can you see that I'm right that there are at least some things that are not clear? Especially to people who may not haunt this forum and search extensively or have personal contact with you before asking a question?

What does the reference to personal contact with me mean other than they may have asked the question in person and received the answer? I would like to think that anyone who has personal contact with me would know that I'll answer questions put to me.

Basic information on Signature Series is available (as above), but what you seem concerned about are fine points in the logic and the process, and that is why I am here to answer these types of queries. Most of these queries are asked and answered in the clearly marked thread THREAD FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT SIGNATURE SERIES.

I would agree that Signature Series is definitely not as cut and dry - I didn't deny that it was least clear, just that it was not "most secretive" compared to the other grading services as the fine points of discussion all seem to deal with what happens to the book BEFORE it goes to CGC for grading and encapsulation.

What other CGC service has a specifically designated person devoted to answering questions on their chatboards and at conventions like Signature Series does?