• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first submission results!

48 posts in this topic

Mine was more like a blitch slap lol

How long did it take before you felt you could pretty much predict the grade you were going toget?

I still cant :tonofbricks:

lol

:acclaim:

It's because Newt is using this to grade...

50784-uveightballs.jpg

His balls?!?!?!... :o:screwy::blush:

Cool post, I hope to submit some to cgc this year when I go to SDCC which will also be my first time at the con! I just have to drop off a few books to get cgced while I am there :D I hope to also find a bunch to get cgced as well at the same con! My goal is a ff #49 & hulk 181

hopefully I can find something decent there! :)

Those books don't come cheap! Good luck :wishluck:

Nice first submission. I also got a 9.6W ASM #300 on my first submission, it was my childhood copy. (I also secretly hoped it would come back a 9.8)

It was graded on-site at WWLA last year which was right in the middle of the black costume/venom and the Cap 25 craze. I didn't sell it; the pleasure of owning a book while it is hot often seems to be worth more to me than the monetary compensation. I knew the book would go back down in value but the fact that it was my childhood copy also prevented a sell.

The best thing about that convention was that they were giving away Captain America #25 with a Cassaday variant cover and Brubaker was there signing. I came away with three CGC 9.8 Captain America #25s signed by Brubaker. They went for over $200 a piece on Ebay. Paid for my entire trip and my CGC submission fees for over 20 books.

My first submission was a great one too, although I only received a 9.2 for my ASM #300. I submitted 5 books.. I submitted a FF 48 and it received a 9.2, a Marvel Spotlight 5 and it received a 6.0, ASM 300 in 9.2, AF #15 and it received a 5.0, and a Detective Comics #29 which was not slabbed due to a overhang.

My first sub was a CGC 9.4 Hulk 181. I thought it'd be a 9.2, possibly a 9.4 before I sent it, so my first submission was a smashing (pun intended) success :applause:

My first was also a CGC 9.4 Hulk 181...I was hoping for a 9.6 but was happy nonetheless!! (thumbs u

Cool post, I hope to submit some to cgc this year when I go to SDCC which will also be my first time at the con! I just have to drop off a few books to get cgced while I am there :D I hope to also find a bunch to get cgced as well at the same con! My goal is a ff #49 & hulk 181

hopefully I can find something decent there! :)

Those books don't come cheap! Good luck :wishluck:

Yeah I know! One of the reasons why I want to go to a good con to pick them up I can look them over my self personally and not risk being screwed out all the $$ I've been eying ebay auctions for months now though I finally caved and got a ff#49 for about $30ish shipped I don't think it will make my grade though :S still can't wait for it to get here